Hål i mitt hjärta, Ett (A Hole In My Heart)
Hål i mitt hjärta, Ett (A Hole In My Heart)
Lukas Moodysson wrote and directed this disturbing and controversial allegorical drama. Eric (Björn Almroth) is a teenager who lives in a shabby flat with his father, Rickard (Thorsten Flinck). Eric spends most of his time holed up in his room, blaring industrial music in order to drown out what's going on around him. Eric has just cause to be a bit disturbed by his surroundings -- Rickard is an amateur filmmaker specializing in extreme sex videos, and he's taken over the living room, where his emotionally disturbed friend Geko (Goran Marjanovic) and a blank young woman named Tess… More

"The question is: do we need to be hauled through scene after scene of drab, dehumanized behavior so that we may see, or at least hear, humanity restored at the end?"
‑ Anthony Lane, New Yorker
"The film is yet another proof of Moodysson's fearlessness and his willingness to push forward and break through the boundaries of convention."
‑ Gunnar Rehlin, Variety
"Moodysson doesn't use this borrowed aesthetic to study what's on his plate; he's just out to cause a scene."
‑ Ed Gonzalez, Slant Magazine
"a nihilistic barrage of sound and image that belongs somewhere between a Lars Von Trier Dogme film and the early work of Gregg Araki."
‑ Jon Popick, Planet Sick-Boy
"Sends your brain whirring as well as your stomach churning -- quite a feat."
‑ Nev Pierce, BBC.com
"Moodysson comes on like de Sade crossed with Godard, yet by locking us outside of his characters, he fails to make them even contemptuously compelling."
‑ Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"Will disgust many (probably most) viewers as it cements Moodysson's reputation as one of today's most daring filmmakers."
‑ V.A. Musetto, New York Post
"It's harrowing to watch just how far these four actors are willing to go to bring Moodysson's vision to life, and their dedication commands respect, even as it dares you to keep your eyes on the screen."
‑ Ken Fox, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Moodysson doesn't seem to realize the difference between a film that's disturbing yet provocative, and a film that's just amateurish and gross."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"An experimental, transgressive work that pretty much fails on every level."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"It's a mystery what the Swedish filmmaker Lukas Moodysson thought he was up to in A Hole in My Heart, a movie teeming with ugly images and grotesque behavior."
‑ Manohla Dargis, New York Times
"The degradation inflicted on the characters in Moodyson's A Hole in My Heart is also inflicted on the viewers... an excruciating and appalling experience."
‑ Emanuel Levy, EmanuelLevy.Com
"A cinematic challenge that eats slowly at the soul but never insults the audience or its characters."
‑ Mariko McDonald, Film Threat