Halloween H2O

"While Carpenter's film was all about economy and a skilful use of empty space, Miner's busy compositions have a cluttered feel that is echoed by superfluous orchestral music."
‑ Derek Adams, Time Out
"Halloween: H20 is as stylish and scary as it is ultra-violent. It brings back a stunning Jamie Lee Curtis in the role that made her a star and it's a work of superior craftsmanship in all aspects."
‑ Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times
"Too bad it's only a smidgen better than the series' first first sequel, 1981's gory Halloween II."
‑ Steve Newton, Georgia Straight
"It's somewhere around minute 58 - that's in a film that runs 80 minutes before credits, folks - before anything particularly interesting happens."
‑ Tim Brayton, Antagony & Ecstasy
"The horror genre is not my forte in either taste or interest, but I have to admit, I enjoyed sitting through Halloween: H20."
‑ Robin Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"I'm currently stuck watching the revival of a movie form that appalled me the first time around, then disappeared from view after a torrent of thoughtless re-workings that resembled bloody tape loops."
‑ Paul Tatara, CNN.com
"Now that they have produced something vaguely enjoyable, hopefully the film makers will let the series rest in peace."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"[Director] Miner is tasked with getting these characters in one setting, and he accomplishes his duty for the most part."
"H2O successfully captures the foreboding mood of Carpenter's 1978 original before eventually settling for the obvious. And at 86 minutes, it's just too short."
‑ Chuck O'Leary, FulvueDrive-in.com
"The selfish pea brains who brought their bright-eyed infant to...this violent horror movie deserve a private, late-night visit from the uncompromising Michael Myers."
‑ Judith Egerton, Courier-Journal (Louisville, KY)
"...Steve Miner is no Carpenter."
‑ Rick Groen, Globe and Mail
"The scary slasher-movie genre has been ratcheted up several notches with the release today of Halloween: H20."
‑ Bob Graham, San Francisco Chronicle
"Unquestionably the best of the Halloween followups..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Brilliant and witty. Those are two words that will not be used to described this film, nor, I suspect, its target audience."
‑ Ron Wells, Film Threat
"Then Michael shows up and blah blah blah."
‑ Eric D. Snider, EricDSnider.com