I Am Number Four
Three are dead. He is Number Four. D.J. Caruso ("Eagle Eye," "Disturbia") helms an action-packed thriller about an extraordinary young man, John Smith (Alex Pettyfer), who is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events-his first love (Dianna Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his… More

"The young "Four" cast appears to have been plucked from an Abercrombie & Fitch catalogue - which isn't an issue until you realize that the characters they're playing are about as thin as the pages in that Gen-Y fashion Bible."
‑ Sean O'Connell, Washington Post
"Granted, I Am NumberFour is a little better and makes loads more sense than Eagle Eye, Caruso's most recent vehicle for comely young actors in peril. But neither one has the sass and pluck of Disturbia. Watch that instead."
‑ Amy Biancolli, Houston Chronicle
"Though geared towards a young adult audience, I Am Number Four entertains with sleek special effects, scary aliens, and superhero action."
‑ Amy Curtis, We Got This Covered
"It's very silly, but also thoroughly entertaining because it gives us exactly what we want."
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall
"An entertaining film that lacks maturity and expression."
‑ Wesley Lovell, Cinema Sight
"The door is left wide open for a sequel, but it's hard to imagine there'll be much call for it."
‑ Tom Huddleston, Time Out
"Pettyfer - a child actor turned model turned self-satisfied hunk - isn't much except blond hair and good cheekbones as our hero."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"A solid but unspectacular story that is aided geatly by its four likeable leads."
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"The epic computer-generated alien smackdown is settled in a battle zone well known to any teen: high school hallways and the football field."
‑ Neil Pond, American Profile
"I Am Number Four carefully balances spectacle and story, emerging as a competent start-of-the-year blockbuster."
‑ Simon Reynolds, Digital Spy
"The sci-fi-teen romance I Am Number Four is witless, insultingly derivative, muddy-looking, and edited in the hammering epileptic style that marks so many films produced, as this one is, by Michael Bay."
‑ Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly
"Perhaps February's recent history as a movie "dumping ground" has me feeling overly generous, but "I Am Number Four" was an enjoyable romp."
‑ Laremy Legel, Film.com
"I really hope a sequel comes along to answer our questions and close up some loose threads."
"They stumble onto a vacant house that, like all vacant houses in the movies, is fully furnished and has working electricity."
‑ Michael A. Smith, MediaMikes
"No creative inspiration gets in the way of the beautiful people running and jumping and kissing while things go boom in the forgettable teen sci-fi actioner I Am Number Four. [Blu-ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews