I Do
I Do is directed by Glenn Gaylord (writer/producer of "Leave it on the Floor") and produced by Stephen Israel ("Swimming with Sharks," "Boy Culture") and David W. Ross. Ross also wrote the film, which has won numerous Audience Awards at film festivals throughout the country, and the "Best of the Fest" Award at this year's Palm Springs Film Festival. The film views marriage equality in the U.S. through the prism of immigration rights. Stepping right into the middle of the marriage equality debate, I Do is the deeply affecting story about a man forced… More

"The combustible possibilities surrounding a same-sex marriage involving partners of different nationalities is turned into rather tepid stuff in I Do."
‑ Robert Koehler, Variety
"Someday, when gay Americans enjoy full equality, we can all hope their sexuality will finally stop being used as fodder for dopey, hopelessly contrived dramas like "I Do.""
‑ Kyle Smith, New York Post
"Despite its heart being in the right place, I Do never does live up to its promise, thanks to melodramatic machinations and often preachy dialogue."
‑ Amber Wilkinson, Eye for Film
"Banal, clunky and contrived."
‑ Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru
"Uneven comedy/drama tackles hot button issues like gay marriage and immigration."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"In a better movie you might play along with contrived plot twists and fake obstacles, but watching "I Do," a movie with thin characters and a languorous pace, you find yourself talking back to the screen."
‑ Rachel Saltz, New York Times
"The parade of increasingly traumatic events results in some glum goings-on, so viewers need to hold on to the film's brighter moments."
‑ Karen Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"It sounds like a sitcom plot, but "I Do," if you pardon the expression, plays it entirely straight. The drama covers predictable ground."
‑ Jamie S. Rich, Oregonian
"A sweet, sincere, yet ultimately tepid story ..."
‑ Robert Abele, Los Angeles Times
"Ross's on-the-nose script offers little subtext or nuance, and the film-for all the inherent drama of the situation-has very little real-life grit."
‑ Ernest Hardy, Village Voice
"Director Glenn Gaylord and director of photography David Morris Gil (shooting his first feature) give the film a nicely autumnal New York."
‑ John Hazelton, Screen International