I Don't Know How She Does It
I Don't Know How She Does It
Sarah Jessica Parker, Greg Kinnear, Pierce Brosnan, Olivia Munn and Christina Hendricks star in I Don't Know How She Does It, a comedy from director Douglas McGrath (Emma, Infamous) and producer Donna Gigliotti (The Reader, Let Me In). Based on the critically acclaimed bestseller by Allison Pearson, I Don't Know How She Does It follows a Boston-based working mother trying desperately to juggle marriage, children, and a high-stress job. -- (C) Weinstein

"Oh, look, it's rich people in beautifully appointed houses and they're worried that the nanny might not arrive on time for them to make important morning meetings at work. Boo-hoo."
‑ Leah Rozen, The Wrap
"I Don't Know How She Does It purports to be about the difficult choices of modern motherhood, but it's too prim and cautious a movie to dip a pedicured toe into the murky waters of real choice."
‑ Dana Stevens, Slate
"This very typical romantic comedy flubs details repeatedly in order to reach the moments that it wants to reach."
‑ Sean Kernan, We Got This Covered
"Tepid."
‑ Richard Knight, Knight at the Movies
"Too real to be escapist and too sitcom-ish to be realistic... not dramatic enough to be a drama, not comedic enough to be comedy...."
‑ Matt Neal, The Standard
"In the chick-flick world, hell is other women, and here specifically it's the stay-at-home wife and mother."
‑ Ella Taylor, NPR
"The main problem is that this Boston-set flick quite unselfconsciously presents itself as if it were a pop-culture first to express ideas about the working-mom balancing act."
‑ Jennie Punter, Globe and Mail
"About as funny as lice."
"A serviceable comedy about women who want to 'have it all,' 'I Don't Know How She Does It' takes a look at a working mother who faces the challenge of balancing her career and her family."
‑ Linda Cook, KWQC-TV (Iowa)
"There's nothing particular strong or telling about its comedy."
‑ Philippa Hawker, The Age (Australia)
"How nice it would have been had McKenna penned a couple of those audience-addressing interludes for Richard or Jack. What would these modern, succesful men tell us of themselves?"
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"A lot more watchable than its awful trailer indicates."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"The title could easily apply to star Sarah Jessica Parker, for how such a charmless actor has maintained such career longevity and popularity is a marvel."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"If you enjoyed Sex and the City, you'll like this funny, sassy and fast-paced melting pot of domestic and business chaos, where the key to juggling is throwing, not catching"
‑ Louise Keller, Urban Cinefile
"The film uses its breezy comic tone to makes some raw points about the fidelity, motherhood and compromise."
‑ Jim Schembri, The Age (Australia)