I, Frankenstein
Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Aaron Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality. From the creators of the hit supernatural saga, UNDERWORLD, comes the action thriller I, FRANKENSTEIN, written for the screen and directed by Stuart Beattie based on the graphic novel "I, Frankenstein" by Kevin Grevioux, and brought to life by a cast that includes Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski, Miranda Otto, Jai… More

"This novel premise quickly gives way to lots of chaotic action, though there are numerous incidental pleasures throughout."
‑ Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
"The special effects are pretty good and the fight scenes are adequate. But the film loses steam in the fourth act ..."
‑ David Hiltbrand, Philadelphia Inquirer
"Humanity's fate hangs in the balance, but it's hard to work up much excitement for the routine CGI-boosted battles between good and evil forces, or for the less than sparky rapport between Eckhart's Monster and Strahovski's lissome blonde scientist."
‑ Jason Best, Movie Talk
"Even the most avid action junkies would have a hard time not rolling their eyes at the blandness of it all."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"Only in occasional, uncanny moments - when someone uses an iPhone, or gets off a tram - does this world appear to intersect in any way with our own."
‑ Jake Wilson, Sydney Morning Herald
"It's no fun. Everyone takes this way too seriously."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"Stitches up Aaron Eckhart's chiseled face like a baseball cover, sticks him in a hoodie, and promptly crashes, thanks to a complete inability to resist awful, overdone dialogue and faux-lofty exposition."
‑ Tom Russo, Boston Globe
"I, Frankenstein leaves itself open to be franchised, but the chances of that happening are equal to Eckhart putting this film at the top of his resume."
‑ Bill Clark, FromTheBalcony
"If a worse studio film comes out this year, we're in deep trouble, people. This film is so bad it will hurt your brain. And even if you leave your brain at home, your spinal column will still object...[a] godawful, lame-brained mess of a movie."
‑ Jim Schembri, 3AW
"Mary Shelley's words come to mind: "Oh, why did you create me!""
‑ Simon Weaving, Screenwize
"What the film doesn't have is a sense of humor."
‑ Rafer Guzman, Newsday
"If the film is made with the understanding that campiness needs to be straight-faced to be funny, then are its "unintentional" laughs really that unintentional?"
‑ Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, AV Club
"Even the title card is garish"
‑ Jack Giroux, Film School Rejects
"I, Frankenstein, with its monster reinvented as a superhero, is a fairly predictable action movie. Shelley would not have approved."
‑ Evan Williams, The Australian
"It is disappointing and you look at all the talent that's gone into it. I was really underwhelmed by Strahovski's performance, I must say."
‑ Margaret Pomeranz, At the Movies (Australia)