I, Frankenstein
SYNOPSIS: Set in a dystopic present where vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons rage in a battle for ultimate power, Victor Frankenstein's creation Adam (Aaron Eckhart) finds himself caught in the middle as both sides race to discover the secret to his immortality. From the creators of the hit supernatural saga, UNDERWORLD, comes the action thriller I, FRANKENSTEIN, written for the screen and directed by Stuart Beattie based on the graphic novel "I, Frankenstein" by Kevin Grevioux, and brought to life by a cast that includes Aaron Eckhart, Bill Nighy, Yvonne Strahovski, Miranda… More

"This novel premise quickly gives way to lots of chaotic action, though there are numerous incidental pleasures throughout."
‑ Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
"The special effects are pretty good and the fight scenes are adequate. But the film loses steam in the fourth act ..."
‑ David Hiltbrand, Philadelphia Inquirer
"If a worse studio film comes out this year, we're in deep trouble, people. This film is so bad it will hurt your brain. And even if you leave your brain at home, your spinal column will still object...[a] godawful, lame-brained mess of a movie."
‑ Jim Schembri, 3AW
"Mary Shelley's words come to mind: "Oh, why did you create me!""
‑ Simon Weaving, Screenwize
"Devoid of any appeal that isn't concentrated around star Aaron Eckhart's impeccably-sculpted muscles, this effects-laden lump of cinematic coal is as nonsensical and ill-conceived as it is boring."
‑ Glenn Dunks, Quickflix
"It's no fun. Everyone takes this way too seriously."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"Stitches up Aaron Eckhart's chiseled face like a baseball cover, sticks him in a hoodie, and promptly crashes, thanks to a complete inability to resist awful, overdone dialogue and faux-lofty exposition."
‑ Tom Russo, Boston Globe
"I, Frankenstein, with its monster reinvented as a superhero, is a fairly predictable action movie. Shelley would not have approved."
‑ Evan Williams, The Australian
"It is disappointing and you look at all the talent that's gone into it. I was really underwhelmed by Strahovski's performance, I must say."
‑ Margaret Pomeranz, At the Movies (Australia)
"An animated corpse of a film about a reanimated one."
‑ Tom Glasson, Concrete Playground
"What the film doesn't have is a sense of humor."
‑ Rafer Guzman, Newsday
"There are some clean, comic-book compositions and neat architectural interlacing, but the blinkered screenplay and indifferent performances fail to lift the eschatology and self-searching off the page."
‑ Nicolas Rapold, New York Times
"Only in occasional, uncanny moments - when someone uses an iPhone, or gets off a tram - does this world appear to intersect in any way with our own."
‑ Jake Wilson, Sydney Morning Herald
"The numerous battles are confusingly handled and the actors aren't given many opportunities given the dialogue they're forced to speak."
‑ David Stratton, At the Movies (Australia)
"There are a lot of people local and abroad responsible for this dismal film."
‑ Damien Straker, Impulse Gamer