I Hate Valentine's Day
I Hate Valentine's Day
My Big Fat Greek Wedding co-stars Nia Vardalos and John Corbett re-team for this romantic comedy about a carefree florist who falls for a charming restaurateur. Genevieve (Vardalos) loves romance, though she lives by a strict "five dates" rule. At the end of the fifth date, Genevieve typically calls the relationship off. So far, this method has worked like a charm, but when Genevieve meets Greg (Corbett) everything changes. At the end of their fifth date, Genevieve wants more. If she could only break from tradition long enough to realize she's fallen in love, perhaps she'll… More

"It's like eating a plain Hershey's bar on that supposedly most romantic day of the year. It may soothe your sweet tooth for a brief bit, but you'll still be longing for Godiva."
‑ Joy Tipping, Dallas Morning News
"Everyone who's ever seen a movie knows where this is headed... but getting there is breezy, fun, and most importantly, well-executed."
‑ Ben Mankiewicz, At the Movies
"This movie is so poorly written, with inexplicable characters making ridiculous choices, and the dialogue is simply cringe-worthy."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"An unspeakable nadir in the career of its writer-director-star, My Big Fat Greek Wedding's Nia Vardalos."
‑ Nathan Rabin, AV Club
"An indie romantic comedy even worse than most of the bigger-budgeted but almost invariably rotten Hollywood examples of the genre."
‑ Frank Swietek, One Guy's Opinion
"A charmless rom-com about an exhaustingly vivacious florist."
‑ Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly
"All I Hate Valentine's Day adds up to is an awkward, ritualized date between moviegoer and a still-learning triple hyphenate."
‑ Robert Abele, Chicago Tribune
"A big fat Greek flop!"
‑ Kam Williams, NewsBlaze
"A contrived, juvenile and painfully unfunny romantic comedy."
‑ Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru
"Is it too pat to say I Hate This Movie? That's about the level of creative energy Vardalos applies to a film that manages to be every bit as bad as My Life in Ruins."
‑ Geoff Berkshire, Metromix.com
"I found it to be really one note. This is not authentic modern courtship."
‑ Ben Lyons, At the Movies
"What it lacks in laughs -- there are none -- it tries to make up for by ladling on stale clichés, such as Vardalos' two stereotypically gay assistants and a desperate younger female friend who stalks guys."
‑ Lou Lumenick, New York Post
"Uninspired romcom is no My Big Fat Greek Wedding."
‑ S. Jhoanna Robledo, Common Sense Media
"[I] enjoyed the cheap silliness."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"By the time the end credits hit, there's joy emerging not from the outcome of the Genevieve/Greg romantic tango, but the feeling of relief to know the film, and Vardalos's insipid direction, has finally come to a close."
‑ Brian Orndorf, BrianOrndorf.com