I Love You, Man
Engaged to the woman of his dreams yet uncomfortable with the prospect of not having a best man for his upcoming wedding, a successful real estate agent with no male friends schedules a series of "man dates" in hopes of finding a suitable candidate for the big day. Peter Klaven (Paul Rudd) is just like most other guys, only when it comes to making friends he's always been a bit withdrawn. After proposing to his girlfriend, Zooey (Rashida Jones), however, Peter quickly realizes that he doesn't even have any friends close enough to qualify for the role of best man. And what… More

"The concept is solid, applying rusty romcom clichés to a tale of new-found masculine buddydom. But the plot is scatty."
‑ Tom Huddlestone, Time Out
"The picture is worth catching for the delicate and toxic nuances of Rudd's performance."
‑ Richard Corliss, TIME Magazine
"One of the better recent 'buddy comedies' and one if you're in the mood to laugh, you definitely won't regret showing a little love."
‑ Jeffrey Lyles, Lyles' Movie Files
"It's hard not to like this witty, well-made celebration of friendship in which two very different guys come to know and appreciate each other."
‑ Neil Pond, American Profile
"The film is a microcosm of us all, guys - raucous, juvenile and puerile on the outside, but tender, sweet and vulnerable in our hearts."
‑ Simon Foster, sbs.com.au
"I Love You, Man is the second movie this year -- He's Just Not That Into You being the first -- with a popular catchphrase for its title. This is one of the film's few distinctions."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"Though the script doesn't always rise to their level, I Love You, Man is more than worth seeing for the chemistry between the shambling Segel and the endlessly inventive Rudd."
‑ Dana Stevens, Slate
"Rudd and Segel share genuine chemistry and the early scenes in which their bromance blossoms are tinged with recognisable humour; the dumb nicknames; the inexplicable use of silly voices; the embarrassingly out-dated 'man slang'."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"For both men though, it's the sincerity lurking just beneath the bravado which sets the film apart from the abrasive comedy it might have been."
‑ Stella Papamichael, Digital Spy
"Pays respect to the crucial role male bonding plays in adulthood..."
"It's a thin premise, and I Love You, Man features the usual quota of jokes involving masturbation, projectile vomiting and flatulence. But is it worth it? Thanks to Rudd and Segel (and some terrific cameos), totes magotes."
‑ Ann Hornaday, Washington Post
"It's a hilarious comedy made even more successful because so much of the satire seems fresh."
‑ Peter Hartlaub, San Francisco Chronicle
"If Rudd steals the show, Segel deserves props for downplaying Sydney's regressiveness."
‑ Ben Kenigsberg, Time Out Chicago
"At the end of the day it is a pretty formulaic bromantic comedy, and the little bit of a twist it has can't hide that fact. But it's done really, really well and that counts for a lot."
‑ Joshua Starnes, ComingSoon.net
"We all know where the film is heading, but that's hardly the point. Rudd and Segel are such entertaining guides you're willing to follow them anywhere."
‑ Simon Miraudo, Quickflix