I Love You Too
Romantic comedy about a young man who, due to commitment issues, watches as the love of his life walks out of his life.

"It's a hodgepodge of tropes, but the charm, innocence and genuine sentiment of Helliar's words are irrefutable ... I can imagine Helliar one day delivering a genuinely great screenplay -- one that perhaps is just a bit tighter, funnier and braver."
‑ Simon Miraudo, Quickflix
"Despite the good naturedness that goes with it, the result is pretty tired."
‑ Sandra Hall, The Age (Australia)
"It's all a little too much, and it takes itself a little too seriously for what should have been a cheerful, hopefully witty, date movie."
‑ David Stratton, The Australian
"There's not much here that makes a lot of sense. It's the kind of picture where stuff happens, not out of some internal logic due to the rules of cause and effect, but because it has to, or else the movie would just drop dead."
‑ Peter Galvin, sbs.com.au
"Humorous, charming and quaint, I Love You Too has the goods to earn more than just patriotic affection."
‑ Ben McEachen, Sunday Times (Australia)
"Far from perfect but you have to start somewhere"
‑ Miguel Gonzalez, V Music
"On the odd occasion I Love You Too is shaken out of its so-so slumber, it's usually at the urging of diminutive American actor Peter Dinklage."
‑ Leigh Paatsch, Courier Mail (Australia)
"The pieces are all there for I Love You Too to be a good romantic comedy but good genre filmmaking is about working within the restraint of the genre without everything feeling tired, familiar and average."
‑ Thomas Caldwell, Cinema Autopsy
"I Love You Too is a truly Australian rom-com, treating mating and mateship with equal measures of reverence and ridicule."
‑ Giles Hardie, Sydney Morning Herald
"For the most part I Love You Too is an Australian romantic comedy that's both romantic and funny. Which is a lot more than you might have expected."
‑ Anthony Morris, The Vine
"If Australians are wanting to know how to make romantic comedies, then this is in object lesson in how not to"
‑ Julie Rigg, MovieTime, ABC Radio National
"First-time feature director Daina Reid comes from an impressive career in television and does a fine job here."
‑ Margaret Pomeranz, At the Movies (Australia)
"On the surface, it looks like a rom-com, but it's actually considerably more. It may be about love, but it also examines other types of bonds -- those between siblings, best mates and odd-couple friends."
‑ Annette Basile, FILMINK (Australia)