I Love Your Work
A hot young celebrity discovers fame can be a toxic substance in this independent drama. Gray Evans (Giovanni Ribisi) is a successful actor in his late twenties who would seem to have it made. Gray is married to an attractive actress with a solid career of her own, Mia Lang (Franka Potente), he's got several projects in the works, he gets lots of fan mail, and he gets to hang out at ritzy parties with his heroes. But Gray is far from happy; his marriage to Mia is starting to fall apart, and he's being driven to distraction by his obsessive belief that a fan is stalking him. As Gray… More

"What is so dreadful about unearned fame and undeserved riches that warrants this faux-Antonioni despair?"
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"Directed by the young actor Adam Goldberg, "I Love Your Work is an attempt to say something interesting about modern celebrity."
‑ Manohla Dargis, New York Times
"It's an intriguing mish-mash, a meta-textual stew that Goldberg, unfortunately, paints with a big, thick brush and then underlines with fat charcoal pencils."
‑ Robert Davis, Paste Magazine
"a pointless stew"
‑ Jules Brenner, Cinema Signals
"A jumbled parabola of self-deceptions, head trips and feints -- colorful and stimulating but not completely satisfying."
‑ Brent Simon, Now Playing Magazine
"At last, Adam Goldberg has given us his 8 1/2. It's an ambitious rumination on fame, reality, love, loss and regret that falls so far short, he should have called it 2 1/8."
‑ Kyle Smith, New York Post
"I Love Your Work gets the dissonance of the celebrity lifestyle to a T. But the self-reflexive strategy of Goldberg and co-writer Adrian Butchart is too brainy by half."
‑ Jan Stuart, Newsday
"So many questions are raised from both sides of the celebrity fence that the film could only have been made by someone as on-the-edge of stardom as [Goldberg]."
‑ Christopher Campbell, Cinematical
"When Ricci's dreamgirl, finally fed up with Gray's insanity, chastises him with "You're obvious," it's a sentiment also applicable to the film itself."
‑ Nick Schager, Slant Magazine
"A crisp impressionistic look at stardom while pointing out the allure of being common. Very strong in direction, script and acting, but struggles to finish."
‑ Ross Anthony, Hollywood Report Card
"Working with a self-consciously urgent, neo-noir style, Goldberg seems intent on expressing a meaningful message of some kind. It's too bad, then, that he has chosen such a shallow subject."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"I Love Your Work promises with its very title to be self-conscious, self-deprecating, self-glorifying, and self-mockingly witty."
‑ Michael Atkinson, Village Voice
"It's too busy trying to be clever that it forgets to give us anything that's actually interesting."
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"An edgeless one man show by Ribisi that acts like being insane."
‑ Ron Wilkinson, Monsters and Critics
"Goldberg takes his message really seriously, abandoning a satirical edge early on, as if he were the first person to ever discover that celebrity is hollow."
‑ Dan Fienberg, Zap2it.com