If I Didn't Care
Sibling filmmakers Benjamin and Orson Cummings write, produce, and direct this Hitchcock-influenced noir thriller starring Bill Sage as Davis Meyers, a trophy husband who lives in the Hamptons and resorts to infidelity and murder as a means of producing a suitable heir. By the time local investigator Linus (Roy Scheider) catches wind of the scheme, the stage has already been set for tragedy. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi

"There actually is much to like in If I Didn't Care, bits and pieces that might have come together in a way that's more satisfying, but instead it just feels haphazardly tossed together."
‑ , Los Angeles Times
"The ending offers a bit of a surprise, but overall events are pretty much telegraphed, but not as fast in transmission. The running time is not much more than an hour, but it seems much, much longer."
‑ Michael Esposito, Chicago Tribune
"This noir murder story starts off with wandering aim and gets its sights lined up only slightly."
‑ Jules Brenner, Cinema Signals
"If I Didn't Care doesn't sympathize with its depraved protagonists. Instead, it allows us to rejoice in the guilty pleasure of watching a misguided ship of passion sink."
‑ Eric Kohn, New York Press
"Let us praise If I Didn't Care for living up to its title: You will not see another film this year made with so little ambition."
‑ Ed Gonzalez, Slant Magazine
"'Hitchcockian' is the less than lilting compliment used to hype this Long Island noir."
‑ Bill Stamets, Chicago Sun-Times
"...the film is notable for its picturesque Hamptons locations and the brevity of its 75-minute running time."
‑ Frank Scheck, Hollywood Reporter
"... this snappy little thriller has many virtues but is terribly compromised by some really awful plotting."
‑ Andy Klein, Los Angeles CityBeat
"Doesn't dig too deeply into its stock characters, but the whole thing moves so quickly and efficiently, it's over before you notice."
‑ Frank Lovece, Film Journal International
"Who better to write about murder in the Hamptons than a pair of brothers who live there all year 'round?"
‑ Harvey S. Karten, Compuserve
"The Kingdom is ostensibly set in Saudi Arabia but it's really a fantasy action game about winning the war in Iraq."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"At 80 minutes, this movie is short, but long enough to be boring."
‑ Kyle Smith, New York Post
"While Davis' will is generally apathetic, and its results seemingly accidental, the film reinforces Linus' argument in another, more painfully stereotypical way, when the underclass takes revenge."
‑ Cynthia Fuchs, PopMatters
"Lazy little thriller about murder in the Hamptons aspires to update classic noir situations and characters but falls sadly short."
‑ Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide's Movie Guide