If I Were You
Madelyn Reid (Academy Award winner Marcia Gay Harden) accidentally learns of her husband's infidelity when she saves his sexy young mistress (Talk to Her's Leonor Watling) from a bungled suicide attempt. When her unsuspecting young rival suggests the two new "best friends" take each other's advice - on everything - Madelyn sees an opportunity to seize the upper hand. But the plan backfires when Lucy, an aspiring actress, insists Madelyn keep her end of the bargain - and orders her to star as King Lear in a very amateur production, with Lucy playing The Fool. Things really… More

"Here's a safe prediction: movie critics are going to have fun with the title of If I Were You."
‑ Bruce Demara, Toronto Star
"Buried in the bloat of Joan Carr-Wiggin's interminable "If I Were You" are the seeds of what might have been a lean, snappy farce about duplicitous, adulterous games."
‑ Stephen Holden, New York Times
"An odd little duck of a film [that] kicks around enjoyably for a while in the same sandbox as some of Woody Allen's mid-career farces, before eventually pivoting and skipping off into less rewarding territory."
‑ Brent Simon, Shared Darkness
""If I Were You'' has more than its share of laughs, but director Joan Carr-Wiggin needed to cut half an hour to make this fly without interest flagging."
‑ Lou Lumenick, New York Post
"Bloody awful."
‑ Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News
"A strangled endeavor that's 30 minutes too long and short-sheeted in the laugh department. Perhaps it was a blast to make, but to sit through the feature requires an extraordinary amount of patience."
‑ Brian Orndorf, Blu-ray.com
"Harden is a wonderful actress but struggles to find the complexity in so strained a situation."
‑ Mark Olsen, Los Angeles Times
"The people responsible for a hapless load of bunk called If I Were You can only be described as delusional. They think they have made an actual movie, when nothing in it qualifies."
‑ Rex Reed, New York Observer