I'll Be Home for Christmas
I'll Be Home for Christmas
Jake Wilkinson is a self-absorbed college student who, just days before Christmas, awakens to find himself stranded in the middle of the California desert, wearing a Santa suit and a white beard glued to his face. The butt of a payback by the football team, who thinks he double-crossed them by not providing the correct answers to a finals test, Jake has to find a way to get to New York by 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve and catch up with his girlfriend, Allie, who is on the road with school stud Eddie, or risk forfeiting the vintage Porsche his father promised if his son comes home for the holidays.… More

"This family comedy finds unearned laughs in old women and dog flatulence."
‑ Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly
"A Christmas turkey."
‑ Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail
"Jon Taylor Thomas' yule tale charming for tweens."
‑ Common Sense Media Editors, Common Sense Media
"It gets off to a grating start, but this slight comedy eventually finds its feet and delivers a holiday-themed package made up in equal parts of mild laughs and sweet-as-sweet-can-be sentiment."
‑ Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Hurrah -- let's teach our kids that if you look good and are skilled at making up convincing lies, everyone will love you."
‑ John R. McEwen, Film Quips Online
"Arrogance gives way to humility, making this an appropriate, if thoroughly cliched, Christmas morality tale that's sugar-coated with an attractive cast spouting sitcom-quality dialogue."
‑ Lael Loewenstein, Variety
"Adequate in every way and oddly subversive in spots, but that's about it."
‑ Ted Fry, Film.com
"An innocuously entertaining comedy..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"I'll Be Home for Christmas asks the impossible of us."
‑ David Noh, Film Journal International
"Surprisingly engaging."
‑ Christopher Null, Filmcritic.com
"None of the cast comes off well, but they have little to work with, since the dialogue sounds like it was made up on the spot and performed without rehearsal."
‑ Louis B. Parks, Houston Chronicle
"Inane Christmas film has little going for it in script and character."
‑ Susan Stark, Detroit News
"Um filme natalino que advoga a eficácia da mentira e do egoísmo como formas de ser bem sucedido."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"It's the cinematic equivalent of a flavored rice cake -- palatable while you're chewing and completely forgotten 10 minutes later."
‑ Kate Manning, Palo Alto Weekly
"Director Sanford struggles in vain to put a shiny new wrapper on this secondhand offering."
‑ , E! Online