I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, The Mad and the Beautiful
I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, The Mad and the Beautiful
Carolyn Parker was the last to leave her neighborhood when a mandatory evacuation order was decreed as Hurricane Katrina approached New Orleans in the summer of 2005. After the floodwaters subsided, Mrs. Parker was the first resident to return to her now flood-devastated community with what many thought was the "impossible dream" of bringing her ruined home back to life. I'm Carolyn Parker: The Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful unfolds as an inspiring portrait of an extraordinary woman. Mrs. Parker takes us deep inside her personal biography as a child born in the 40's, raised… More
Directed By
© Independent Pictures

"There may be a lot left to say about Hurricane Katrina, but if so, "I'm Carolyn Parker" doesn't say it."
‑ Kyle Smith, New York Post
"It's ... frustrating to watch Parker only talk about whatever she immediately thinks to say."
‑ Simon Abrams, Village Voice
"She is undoubtedly someone you should know."
‑ A.O. Scott, New York Times
"What keeps the doc from lapsing entirely into a generic human-interest story superficially peppered with local color is, oddly enough, the slowness with which Parker's goals are achieved."
‑ Joseph Jon Lanthier, Slant Magazine
"A cut above most nonfiction explorations of Katrina, thanks to the ever-empathetic Demme's talent for showcasing the uniquely human qualities of every person he films."
‑ Keith Uhlich, Time Out New York