I'm So Excited!
A technical failure has endangered the lives of the people on board Peninsula Flight 2549. The pilots are striving, along with their colleagues in the Control Center, to find a solution. The flight attendants and the chief steward are atypical, baroque characters who, in the face of danger, try to forget their own personal problems and devote themselves body and soul to the task of making the flight as enjoyable as possible for the passengers, while they wait for a solution. Life in the clouds is as complicated as it is at ground level, and for the same reasons, which could be summarized in… More

"Despite the film's playfulness, it's still quite clear that we're in the hands of a master who takes the work seriously, if not the material or his characters."
‑ Christy Lemire, ChristyLemire.com
"It's amusing fluff, but from an Oscar-winning dramatist, this return to comedy is a bit of a letdown."
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"For a light and naughty festival opener, I'm So Excited! got the job done. The audience saw something kind of sophisticated but didn't experience any real turbulence. Or excitement."
‑ Bob Strauss, Los Angeles Daily News
"For a cinematic icon to get it so wrong, one has to assume it is deliberate; something to play with"
‑ Andrew L. Urban, Urban Cinefile
"Disengaged silly spoof of those '70s disaster movies."
"A mescaline-alcohol-and-panic-fueled orgy of confessional dialogue, sex acts, arguments, confessional monologues, and more sex acts."
‑ Tirdad Derakhshani, Philadelphia Inquirer
"To throw caution to the winds is one thing, but to jettison control of tone at the same time seems a liberty too far."
‑ Anthony Lane, New Yorker
""I'm so Excited" shows Pedro Almodovar at his frothiest: shaking sex and death into a humorous cocktail aboard a plane in peril."
‑ Thelma Adams, Yahoo! Movies
"Despite an over-weighted gay theme, there's a lot to like in this colourful Almodóvar blast of joie de vivre, as secrets are revealed, desires unleashed and the complexities of relationships are exposed"
‑ Louise Keller, Urban Cinefile
"It's a sometimes pleasing, and often unsettling movie, proof that Almodovar still has a playful side, but let's hope he goes back to work soon."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"Too broad for the tarmac."
‑ John Anderson, Newsday
"The party in the sky comes to represent Almodovar's faith in the power of imagination, which allows us to transcend even the most horrifying tragedies."
‑ Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
"Think Flying High with a gay cabin crew and no laughs...The story has most of the plane's passengers rendered unconscious, presumably by showing I'm So Excited as the in-flight movie."
‑ Jim Schembri, 3AW
"The setting acts as a bland backdrop without substance or thought. Worst of all, the dialogue feels horribly contrived, even lazy. A misguided misfire."
‑ Ed Gibbs, The Sunday Age
"This isn't just camp, it's existential camp -- or, more precisely, an acknowledgment that the camp impulse is one way of dealing with the absurdity of life. 'We're flying around aimlessly,' a man says, 'and we don't know where or how we're going to land.'"
‑ John Beifuss, Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)