In Debt We Trust
While a large number of Americans carry a certain amount of personal debt, few are aware of just how common and widespread the debt crisis has become. In 2006, it was estimated that the debt owed by American citizens totaled well over ten trillion dollars, and many economists believe that with more people owing so much and the nation's money supply in the hands of a dwindling number of people, a collapse along the lines of the 1929 stock market crash is not only possible but likely. Documentary filmmaker Danny Schechter explores this growing dilemma in In Debt We Trust: America Before The… More

Buy SD $9.99 Rent SD $2.99
- -

"Unfortunately, there isn't much insight into this possible bleak future, nor is there anything new in this 89-minute film, which plays more like an episode of 20/20 or Dateline NBC."
‑ G. Allen Johnson, San Francisco Chronicle
"The film details and indicts the vast legalized fraud perpetrated by US financial businesses, and receiving an unregulated nod under the monolithic New World Order that has added debt slavery to wage slavery."
‑ Prairie Miller, WBAI Web Radio
"A damning documentary which indicts Americas as a Credit Industrial Complex where repossession and foreclosure have become commonplace rather than the exception."
‑ Kam Williams, NewsBlaze
"A sometimes-fascinating and frightening look at what it calls 'America before the bubble bursts.'"
‑ Jack Garner, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
"Consumers of the world unite! We have nothing to lose but our plastic!"
‑ Kam Williams, EURWeb