In My Skin (Dans ma peau)
Marina de Van, a frequent collaborator of director François Ozon's (she co-wrote several films with him, in addition to starring in See the Sea and Sitcom), makes her feature directorial debut with In My Skin, which she also wrote. De Van stars in the film as Esther, a self-conscious young woman who works for a public relations firm. Her life seems to be going well. Her boyfriend, Vincent (Laurent Lucas of With a Friend Like Harry...), wants to live with her. At work, she's in line for a promotion and the opportunity to run a prestigious campaign for a jewelry company. One night at a… More

"As it is, it's a silly, if simultaneously deadpan and stomach-churning, psychological portrait of one crazy lady."
‑ Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post
"A spellbinding, forceful film that refuses to be ignored."
‑ Robert K. Elder, Chicago Tribune
"Unpleasant and irredeemable."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"An endless display of masochism that's hard to watch, even for the most stalwart filmgoer."
‑ Kent Turner, Film-Forward.com
"Unwatchable but not uninteresting."
‑ James Verniere, Boston Herald
"All you're left with is a bloody mess, in more ways than one."
‑ Gary Dowell, Dallas Morning News
"As disquieting a portrait of psychosis as has ever spilled across the screen."
‑ Ty Burr, Boston Globe
"...without a single glimpse into what makes Esther tick, it's impossible to feel a single thing towards her except apathy."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"I'm not sure if the film is brutally honest or exploiting a tragic disorder. I felt drained when I left the theatre; the more I thought about it, the less satisfied I was."
‑ Cherryl Dawson and Leigh Ann Palone, TheMovieChicks.com
"Marina de Van will be familiar to some as the screenwriter of François Ozon's 8 Women, but she's a revelation here, and a terrifically disturbing one at that."
‑ Marc Savlov, Austin Chronicle
"Like most stories about addiction, it turns into a bit of a bore."
‑ John Hartl, Seattle Times
"A bloody mess."
‑ C.W. Nevius, San Francisco Chronicle
"Infused with a keen sense of intelligence."
"Winds up seeming little more than a grisly exercise in well-calibrated acting and what one hopes are well-executed special effects."
‑ Frank Swietek, One Guy's Opinion
"This is a strange and twisted film, but perversely fascinating."
‑ Jean Lowerison, San Diego Metropolitan