In My Skin (Dans ma peau)
Esther is an ambitious 30-year-old woman. One fateful night at a party, she seriously hurts her leg, however can't seem to feel the pain. This incident propels her toward the start of a self-destructive compulsion, and an exploration of a professional woman's descent into increasingly disturbing and obsessive acts of self-mutilation.

"As it is, it's a silly, if simultaneously deadpan and stomach-churning, psychological portrait of one crazy lady."
‑ Michael O'Sullivan, Washington Post
"A spellbinding, forceful film that refuses to be ignored."
‑ Robert K. Elder, Chicago Tribune
"Unpleasant and irredeemable."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"An endless display of masochism that's hard to watch, even for the most stalwart filmgoer."
‑ Kent Turner, Film-Forward.com
"Unwatchable but not uninteresting."
‑ James Verniere, Boston Herald
"All you're left with is a bloody mess, in more ways than one."
‑ Gary Dowell, Dallas Morning News
"As disquieting a portrait of psychosis as has ever spilled across the screen."
‑ Ty Burr, Boston Globe
"...without a single glimpse into what makes Esther tick, it's impossible to feel a single thing towards her except apathy."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"I'm not sure if the film is brutally honest or exploiting a tragic disorder. I felt drained when I left the theatre; the more I thought about it, the less satisfied I was."
‑ Cherryl Dawson and Leigh Ann Palone, TheMovieChicks.com
"Marina de Van will be familiar to some as the screenwriter of François Ozon's 8 Women, but she's a revelation here, and a terrifically disturbing one at that."
‑ Marc Savlov, Austin Chronicle
"Like most stories about addiction, it turns into a bit of a bore."
‑ John Hartl, Seattle Times
"A bloody mess."
‑ C.W. Nevius, San Francisco Chronicle
"Infused with a keen sense of intelligence."
"Winds up seeming little more than a grisly exercise in well-calibrated acting and what one hopes are well-executed special effects."
‑ Frank Swietek, One Guy's Opinion
"This is a strange and twisted film, but perversely fascinating."
‑ Jean Lowerison, San Diego Metropolitan