In Time

"In Time is so crammed with provocative ideas it begins to feel over-crowded."
‑ David Thomson, The New Republic
"The film is beautifully shot in chilly blues and grays by cinematographer Roger Deakins, and Los Angeles locales are well chosen for futuristic effect. Most of the time, however, I found myself glancing at the clock on my own wrist."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"Don't let the ads fool you: It has a lot on its mind."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"There's a lot to like about In Time, but it misses the mark for being an overly memorable experience and ends up being just an adequate sci-fi flick."
‑ Benjo Colautti, We Got This Covered
"Andrew Niccol's dystopia never really feels like anything other than a depthless, stylish sleek surface."
‑ Ian Berriman, SFX Magazine
"Clever and unsettling."
‑ Andrea Gronvall, Chicago Reader
"Niccol's zippy direction, joined to a sleek, rich production design, keeps the movie spinning like a shiny toy."
‑ Bruce Diones, New Yorker
"One long, extended chase sequence interspersed with awkward flirting."
‑ Tom Glasson, Concrete Playground
""In Time" gets points for putting forth an interesting concept, but because of Niccol's inability to utilize that concept, we get a film that ends up going nowhere."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"Starts out great, almost like a pseudo sequel to Niccol's other sci-fi drama Gattaca, but slowly unravels into a mindless chase picture that never really captures any real depth or meaning."
‑ R. L. Shaffer, IGN DVD
"Niccol's major problem is timing: action sequences and dialogue scenes lie flat on the screen, while his tendency to play around with pacing means that any tension quickly dissipates. Life's too short."
‑ Tom Huddleston, Time Out
"A movie so consistently flat-footed, with pauses between lines of dialogue so vast, that you begin to wonder if the whole thing might be a psychological experiment of some kind."
‑ Dana Stevens, Slate
"Even with its thoughtful nods to "Bonnie & Clyde" and "Les Miserables," "In time" never delivers that transcendent "Blade Runner" moment, and never rises above cult classic to simple classic."
‑ Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service
"Worry, worry and watch the clock, for 'In Time' wastes what time you've got."
‑ Betty Jo Tucker, ReelTalk Movie Reviews
"Nothing remarkable about this futuristic adventure that reminds me a bit of "Logan's Run." Paul Chambers, CNN."
‑ Paul Chambers, CNNRadio