Io non ho paura (I'm Not Scared)
Gabriele Salvatores' kidnapping drama lo Non Ho Paura (I'm Not Scared) is about a boy dealing with issues he cannot quite comprehend. While playing outside one day, nine-year-old Michele (Giuseppe Cristiano) discovers Filippo (Mattia Di Perro), who is chained to the ground at the bottom of a hole. Michele witnesses town baddie Felice (Giorgio Careccia) nearby and suspects something bad is happening. Michele is unsure whom he should tell about his discovery, eventually spilling the beans to his closest friend. Michele's parents learn of his discovery and warn him to forget whatever… More

Subscription
Stream Now

"A lyrical throwback to such movies as René Clément's Forbidden Games (1952) and other works of the humanist European cinema of a half century ago."
‑ David Denby, New Yorker
"An accomplished and evocative thriller from Italy."
‑ Eric Harrison, Houston Chronicle
""I'm Not Scared" suffers from ill-conceived staging and sluggish pacing. The film's theme that altruism and ignorance are punished is a careless postulate drawn from a kidnapping spree in Italy during the late '70s."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"This is a visually stunning film, an intelligently consummated marriage of genres resulting in a movie that is, if not unique, at least very special."
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"Visually striking and exceptionally performed by old and young alike, I'm Not Scared plucks the nerves."
‑ Peter Canavese, ON Magazine
"The director reminds us that not all films require a breakneck pace or ridiculous twists to be effective."
‑ Bill Muller, Arizona Republic
"An Italian drama that restores the overused phrase 'loss of innocence' to something meaningful and memorable."
‑ Terry Lawson, Detroit Free Press
"Delicado em seu retrato da infância, peca apenas pela conclusão frouxa, quando o próprio filme torna-se infantil."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"Few movies evoke the wonder and terror of childhood as this film does."
‑ Robert Roten, Laramie Movie Scope
"The muddled motivations of the film's adults to one side, Scared scores -- and even soars -- when looking at the world through the eyes of its 10-year-old protagonist."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"The performances are all terrific. Each one suggests an entire story that we can only glimpse."
‑ Jay Boyar, Orlando Sentinel
"A good story told with energy and efficiency."
‑ Robert Denerstein, Denver Rocky Mountain News
"Harmoniously blends elements of a coming-of-age story, a crime drama and a mystery together in something of astonishing power and scope."
‑ Boyd van Hoeij, european-films.net
"...a fascinating, if frustrating, look at the relative lack of power and security and place a child has in our modern world."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"What is excellently captured in Salvatores's film ... is the look and feel of those long-forgotten freeform summer days of childhood."
‑ Christopher Zinsli, Film Threat