Io non ho paura (I'm Not Scared)
Something sinister is lurking under the surface of 10-year old Michele's idyllic summer. While the days in his remote southern Italian village are filled with the familiar routines of childhood, a chance discovery leads to a shocking revelation.

Subscription
Stream Now

"A lyrical throwback to such movies as René Clément's Forbidden Games (1952) and other works of the humanist European cinema of a half century ago."
‑ David Denby, New Yorker
"An accomplished and evocative thriller from Italy."
‑ Eric Harrison, Houston Chronicle
""I'm Not Scared" suffers from ill-conceived staging and sluggish pacing. The film's theme that altruism and ignorance are punished is a careless postulate drawn from a kidnapping spree in Italy during the late '70s."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"This is a visually stunning film, an intelligently consummated marriage of genres resulting in a movie that is, if not unique, at least very special."
‑ Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"Visually striking and exceptionally performed by old and young alike, I'm Not Scared plucks the nerves."
‑ Peter Canavese, ON Magazine
"The director reminds us that not all films require a breakneck pace or ridiculous twists to be effective."
‑ Bill Muller, Arizona Republic
"An Italian drama that restores the overused phrase 'loss of innocence' to something meaningful and memorable."
‑ Terry Lawson, Detroit Free Press
"Delicado em seu retrato da infância, peca apenas pela conclusão frouxa, quando o próprio filme torna-se infantil."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"Few movies evoke the wonder and terror of childhood as this film does."
‑ Robert Roten, Laramie Movie Scope
"The muddled motivations of the film's adults to one side, Scared scores -- and even soars -- when looking at the world through the eyes of its 10-year-old protagonist."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"The performances are all terrific. Each one suggests an entire story that we can only glimpse."
‑ Jay Boyar, Orlando Sentinel
"A good story told with energy and efficiency."
‑ Robert Denerstein, Denver Rocky Mountain News
"Harmoniously blends elements of a coming-of-age story, a crime drama and a mystery together in something of astonishing power and scope."
‑ Boyd van Hoeij, european-films.net
"...a fascinating, if frustrating, look at the relative lack of power and security and place a child has in our modern world."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"What is excellently captured in Salvatores's film ... is the look and feel of those long-forgotten freeform summer days of childhood."
‑ Christopher Zinsli, Film Threat