I.O.U.S.A.
As the United States faces unprecedented financial crises, filmmaker Patrick Creadon explores just how America got to be in the economic mess that it finds itself in, eventually detailing just what the nation would have to do in order to prevent a bad situation from turning into an all-out financial disaster from which no citizen could escape. ~ Cammila Collar, Rovi

"This solid doc reminds us how unsustainable the current American economy is."
‑ Dave Calhoun, Time Out
"I.O.U.S.A. is a clear, cogent and compelling primer on contemporary American economics and the not-so-small matter of how we ended up at the edge of a precipice."
‑ Jason Anderson, Toronto Star
"Bottom line: The party's over. There's no such thing as a free lunch. America itself may be a bubble."
‑ Kelly Vance, East Bay Express
"Think of this important documentary as Economics 101, a primer on how America and Americans spend, and what hardships the future holds for us unless we change the pattern and our habits quickly."
‑ Jennifer Merin, About.com
"Fending off the global repo man"
‑ S. James Wegg, JWR
"A movie that should be seen by everyone."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"A documentary about the U.S. addiction to debt, I.O.U.S.A. could have easily taken the title of another movie released this week, What Just Happened?"
‑ Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail
"If more people had watched this film, they might still have their houses."
‑ Simon Foster, sbs.com.au
"For a film starring the national debt, this is a good one. The expected tedious numerical research is accompanied by excellent graphics and archival footage that bring it alive. Is anyone listening?"
‑ Ron Wilkinson, Monsters and Critics
"I.O.U.S.A manages to keep this dense, dry information dynamic enough to be interesting and terrifying enough to be important."
‑ Karina Montgomery, Cinerina
"You will not likely forget the Jeremiad it presents about how the United States has been living on borrowed money -- and borrowed time -- for decades and now is presenting the bill for our extravagance to our grandchildren."
‑ Richard Nilsen, Arizona Republic
"If this week's headlines have failed to convince you that the United States is on the verge of an economic meltdown, Patrick Creadon's scary new documentary, I.O.U.S.A., will demolish any lingering doubts."
‑ John Hartl, Seattle Times
"Well made, informative and genuinely terrifying documentary, in which the use of humour can't quite diminish the spectre of doom and gloom."
‑ Matthew Turner, ViewLondon
"Practically begs audiences to declaim it essential viewing, rather than quietly convincing us"
‑ Marty Mapes, Movie Habit
"If you believe the terrifying documentary I.O.U.S.A., America is headed for a financial crisis of monumental proportions - and apparently, we are probably too late to keep it from happening."
‑ Bill Gibron, PopMatters