Jet Lag
Two of the biggest stars of the French cinema bring their contrasting styles together in this lively romantic comedy. Rose (Juliette Binoche) is an emotional makeup artist who is hoping to get out of a bad relationship with her boyfriend, Sergio (Sergi Lopez), by leaving him in Paris and heading off to Mexico for a holiday. After losing her cell phone, Rose borrows one from Felix (Jean Reno), a somewhat stiff salesman with an interest in gourmet cooking, who is en route toMunich to attend a funeral. When both Rose and Felix find themselves grounded due to changes in flight scheduling and a… More

"Manages to surprise and absorb the viewer in ways that your typical 'meet cute' romance never would."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"A movie so thin it borders on nonexistence."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"Good acting makes us momentarily forget that we get enough of this stuff right here at home without having to import it for some reason."
‑ Steve Schneider, Orlando Weekly
"If Jet Lag were showing on an airplane, I'd jump out the window and take my chances with gravity."
‑ Jon Popick, Planet Sick-Boy
"...even at a running time of only 91-minutes, the film often feels substantially longer."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"All the usual meet-cute tropes are trotted out -- room service hassles, bed-sharing dilemmas -- but Reno and Binoche make a fine pair and the Parisian setting somehow makes it all seem fresher."
‑ Peter Howell, Toronto Star
"A piffle of a romantic comedy that wastes its stars."
‑ Robert Denerstein, Denver Rocky Mountain News
"This modest soufflé of a romance rests securely on [Reno and Binoche's] shoulders."
‑ Lawrence Toppman, Charlotte Observer
"The idea of gruff, scruffy Reno and the elegant- as-ever Binoche getting together is far too ridiculous to swallow even for a minute."
‑ Jeff Vice, Deseret News, Salt Lake City
"A romantic comedy that's as stale as yesterday's croissant."
‑ Kim Linekin, eye WEEKLY
"The script is definitely mediocrity mixed with complication."
‑ Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail
"Charming in its predictability, yet not without its pleasures. The leads share a very casual chemistry, an odd couple that refreshingly isn't at odds with each other."
‑ Sean O'Connell, Flipside Movie Emporium
"In the realm of predictable rom-coms, this one has enough charm and humor to divert us for an hour and a half."
‑ Eric D. Snider, EricDSnider.com
"What makes Jet Lag almost work is the unexpected chemistry between the ethereal Binoche and the gravelly Reno."
‑ Sean Means, Salt Lake Tribune
"A romantic comedy with just enough heart and soul to keep us flying."
‑ Bruce Kirkland, Jam! Movies