Journey to the South Pacific
Journey to the South Pacific
Narrated by Cate Blanchett, JOURNEY TO THE SOUTH PACIFIC will take moviegoers on a breathtaking IMAX (R) 3D adventure to the lush tropical islands of remote West Papua, where life flourishes above and below the sea. Join Jawi, a young island boy, as he takes us on a journey of discovery to this magical place where we encounter whale sharks, sea turtles, manta rays, and other iconic creatures of the sea. Home to more than 2,000 species of sea life, this exotic locale features the most diverse marine ecosystem on earth. An uplifting story of hope and celebration, JOURNEY TO THE SOUTH PACIFIC… More

"You won't be treated to any rousing choruses of "Some Enchanted Evening" in Journey to the South Pacific, but this equally exotic Imax entry proves enchanting in its own right."
‑ Michael Rechtshaffen, Hollywood Reporter
"I'm always delighted by the clarity and monumental proportions of IMAX films; this one lived up to my expectations."
‑ Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"The colors of the reef and hundreds of different species of fish are so varied and gorgeous that it leaves you crying for more. I rarely want to see movies more than once, but I can't wait to see this one again."
‑ Tony Medley, Tolucan Times
"Splendid views of marine life and the dulcet tones of narrator Cate Blanchett help a message of mild ecological alarm go down easily."
‑ Justin Chang, Variety
"Spectacular underwater photography!"
‑ Susan Granger, SSG Syndicate
"Images of dynamited fish and rising sea levels blend with a strong sense of native commitment to keeping the oceans clean."
‑ John Hartl, Seattle Times
"It's a film with a positive message. And some weird-looking fish."
‑ Jay Stone, Canada.com