Just My Luck
Two people discover just how true the old adage "lucky in life, unlucky in love" can be in this romantic comedy. Ashley (Lindsay Lohan) has always been the sort of girl fortune smiles upon -- she's pretty, she has a great job, she had good friends, guys fall over themselves to ask her out, and she never has trouble getting a cab. Jake (Chris Pine), on the other hand, is not nearly so lucky -- he's clumsy and accident prone, things never seem to go his way, and he's just lost his job at a bowling alley. However, these two opposites meet one night at a ritzy masquerade… More

"... a variation on Freaky Friday buffed with a bit of 13 Going on 30's yuppie-career-princess gloss."
‑ Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly
"It's safe, competent and bland."
"even if it offers Lohan her first role as a grown-up, places her in a corporate New York, and contrives a scene in which she gets to wear a dress owned by Sarah Jessica Parker, the sex in this city never seems to get beyond first base."
‑ Anton Bitel, Film4
"Is this movie actively hoping people will hate it for being so stupid?"
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"It's very difficult not to get on board with this quirky comedy."
‑ Joe Utichi, FilmFocus
"A lazy spitballing session of karmic humor, hinged on the sort of generic rom-com contrivances that keep movies like these from ending at a reasonable time."
‑ Scott Tobias, AV Club
"From my perspective, it's watchable, but barely, and nothing I would go out of my way to locate, even if going 'out of my way' represents using a remote control to change TV channels."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"The film can barely breathe beneath the non-stop barrage of low-comedy shtick."
‑ David Noh, Film Journal International
"OMG! It's The Passion of the Lohan!"
‑ Bill Chambers, Film Freak Central
"The real rot is in the script."
‑ Geoffrey Macnab, Guardian
"... a real piece of junk."
‑ Richard Roeper, Ebert & Roeper
"Word on the street -- we're not sure which street -- has it that Just My Luck is Lindsay Lohan's final teen comedy. If so, the timing couldn't be better."
‑ Peter Howell, Toronto Star
"One day Lohan will make movies for grown-ups, but this movie certainly isn't one of them."
‑ Peter T. Chattaway, Christianity Today
"Entretenida parábola de que la vida puede ser tan blanca o negra como nosotros mismos queramos hacerla. Si no se ve con esta idea en mente, mejor evítela."
‑ Jorge Avila Andrade, Moviola
"Make your own luck and skip this twaddle."
‑ Stella Papamichael, BBC.com