Kati with an I
KATI WITH AN I is an intimate documentary portrait of Kati, a teenage girl in Alabama, about to graduate high school. The film captures her moment-by-moment emotional transformation over the course of three tumultuous days that leave her future in doubt. With microscopic focus, through the searching lens of cinematographer Sean Price Williams, the movie explores the period in one's life when the only constant is motion. As Kati says, "What happened...happened." -- (C)Official Site
Directed By
© Icarus Films

"Something universal and touching emerges about youth and hope, particularly in the clips of a shyly smiling child Kati, and in the intense, passionate love that teen Kati holds for James."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"Greene may intend Kati's story as a quiet tragedy, but the native feeling of that's-just-the-way-it-is lethargy ("Only in Alabama can you be a home-school drop-out") is rather convincing."
‑ Nick Pinkerton, Village Voice
"Greene's patient, understated portrait renders a universal rite of passage in strangely alluring, poetic terms."
‑ Eric Kohn, indieWIRE
""Kati With an I" transforms one teenager's particular story into a moving portrait of Anygirl, U.S.A."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"Sensitive if somewhat messy."
‑ Robert Koehler, Variety
"Robert Greene's documentary captures so many wonderfully delicate, private moments in Kati's life that it seems churlish to wish the film said more about what it's actually like to be a young woman today."
‑ David Fear, Time Out New York
"In a way, Kati with an I is the Everyone Else of na´ve high school love stories, complete with two extended musical numbers and a suitably ambiguous ending."
‑ Christopher Gray, Slant Magazine