Kill List
From director Ben Wheatley, Kill List is a mind-blowing genre concoction being called the "#1 Horror Film of the Year" (Bloody-Disgusting). A brilliant blend of family drama, hitman action-thriller and terrifying psychological horror film, Kill List tells the story of an ex-soldier turned contract killer who is plunged into the heart of human darkness. Eight months after a disastrous hit job in Kiev left him physically and mentally scarred, Jay (Neil Maskell) is pressured by his partner Gal (Michael Smiley), into taking a new assignment. As they descend into the bizarre, disturbing… More

"Displaying both a nasty edge and a playful sense of humor -- but thankfully, never at the same time -- Brit import Kill List is several cuts above its fellow midbudget horror brethren."
‑ Andrew Barker, Variety
"One of the scariest films I've seen in ages, although I cannot in all honesty explain exactly what the movie is about."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"Kill List is bravura filmmaking - an impeccable guide on how to build tension and character without sacrificing story."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"Martin Pavey's sound design is so unnerving it scared the bejeezus out of our cats..."
‑ Laura Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"It just barely works for me by virtue of its audacity but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't do the same for you."
‑ Brian Tallerico, HollywoodChicago.com
"When it's all over, audiences are sent reeling out of the theater with heads spinning and guts churning."
‑ Mark Olsen, L.A. Weekly
""Kill List" has a slow build, but don't be lulled into complacency. This is one of the most violent and disturbing films you'll see in an art house."
‑ Peter Hartlaub, San Francisco Chronicle
"Kill List is a tremendous film that features a nerve shredding climax that shook me to the core, skilfully edited and cruelly turning the tables on the main characters in ways you never expected."
‑ Will Chadwick, We Got This Covered
"It's a bit of a slow starter, but once it gets going, Kill List achieves a steady, nail-gnawing intensity and unpredictability."
‑ Mike Scott, Times-Picayune
"Ben Wheatley might one day make a film of interest as long as he nails down a few particulars before heading to the set."
‑ Peter Sobczynski, eFilmCritic.com
"Deeply edgy, gory crime film maintains perfectly calibrated tension before dropping a bombshell that will be too much for some viewers."
‑ John DeFore, Hollywood Reporter
"Wheatly aims for something like moral complexity by having one of the killers believe in God and the other aspire to be a good husband and father, but once the graphic violence starts, it upstages everything else."
‑ Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
"A moody, scary, often exceptional film that tries so hard to keep the viewer at a distance that it actually succeeds too well."
‑ William Bibbiani, CraveOnline
"Wheatley's sui generis sophomore effort confirms him as a weasel to watch under the cocktail cabinet for."
‑ Tara Brady, Irish Times
"Although Kill List is a dark and creepy film, it is also very funny at times."
‑ Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle