Kingdom of Heaven

"As Balian and his people withstand the might of Saladin's fiery projectiles, siege towers and the usual computer-generated swarm of soldiers, it's hard not to think we're really watching The Lord of the Rings IV: Legolas Defends Jerusalem."
‑ Desson Thomson, Washington Post
"Considerably more ambitious and significantly less satisfying than Gladiator."
‑ Geoff Pevere, Toronto Star
"Cinema's least potent leading man, Orlando Bloom, stinks up the screen in Ridley Scott's unsatisfying "epic" about the Crusades..."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"... an extraordinary work of art, a plea for religious tolerance that works because of sheer filmmaking prowess and good, old-fashioned storytelling. (Director's Cut)"
‑ Felix Gonzalez Jr., DVD Review
"Kingdom inevitably invites comparisons to Gladiator, Scott's last major epic. But it is a better film, partly because it does less violence to the history."
‑ Peter T. Chattaway, Christianity Today
"Is Orlando Bloom enough of a star to sustain a $100 million costume drama? The answer turns out to be yes."
‑ Stephen Hunter, Washington Post
"An epic about Christian crusaders who happen to be liberal humanists willing to die for the sake of religious tolerance. That's just ... weird."
‑ David Edelstein, Slate
"Just another sword and sandal epic..."
"One of the more violent films in recent memory. But maybe the violence serves a purpose-it keeps your mind off the inanities of the plot."
‑ Lewis Beale, Film Journal International
"Kingdom of Heaven has little going for it outside of its lavish and gory battle sequences."
‑ Forrest Hartman, Reno Gazette-Journal
"Since we barely know what's at stake -- we're too confused and bored to care -- all this fighting means nothing to us, and yet Scott still hopes to rev us up with it."
‑ Stephanie Zacharek, Salon.com
"Mostly uninvolving; a movie you admire for its craft rather than enjoying for its passion."
‑ Tom Keogh, Seattle Times
"Kingdom of Heaven is profoundly relevant for our troubled times."
‑ Brandon Fibbs, BrandonFibbs.com
"quick review in Greek"
‑ Joseph Proimakis, Movies for the Masses
"...the movie survives its lackluster star and cluttered plot, thanks largely to director Ridley Scott, who makes most of the goings-on fun while we're sitting through them."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis