Last Call at the Oasis
Last Call at the Oasis
The global water crisis will be the central issue facing our world this century. We can manage this problem, but only if we are willing to act now. Last Call at the Oasis is a powerful new documentary that shatters myths behind our most precious resource. -- (C) Official Site

"It's one of the best in a recent array of cinematic docs looking at such hot topics as oil, water, food production, climate change, the economy and telling us, as scientist Jay Famiglietti so succinctly puts it in Yu's film, "We're screwed.""
‑ Jennie Punter, Globe and Mail
"One can argue the movie's finer points, but in the end, there's no escaping its creeping pile-up of evidence that Mother Earth is critically dehydrated - and we need to do something, fast."
‑ Amy Biancolli, San Francisco Chronicle
"A thoughtful but over-stuffed documentary that grazes over a lot of big issues."
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"It's an important documentary that should be seen by all, even if it's only just firing an initial warning shot across our collective, water-consuming bow. (Full Content Review for Parents also available)"
‑ Jim Judy, Screen It!
"Presents one side of the question and assumes it is incontrovertible. In reality, this is preaching to the choir, and it is doubtful that unbelievers are proselytized."
‑ Donald J. Levit, ReelTalk Movie Reviews
"Be assured, this thorough doc with its gorgeous opening sequence will sear a central message into your brain: think before you drink."
‑ Linda Barnard, Toronto Star
"Yu ends on a mildly optimistic note, but it's hard not to walk away convinced we're all in for a rather severe dry spell."
‑ Sara Stewart, New York Post
"As effective as Yu's film is in conveying its message, its true impact will best be measured in the next half decade."
‑ Simon Foster, Screen-Space
"Jam-packed with information-filled narratives ... the doc is commended for circumventing fearmongering in favor of engagement and encouragement."
‑ Christopher Campbell, Movies.com
"Last Call at the Oasis has more than the usual share of gloom, though it's too steady with the facts to ever come across as alarmist - and some of its imagery is downright haunting."
‑ Alison Willmore, Movieline
""Last Call at the Oasis" represents nonfiction filmmaking at its most urgent, timely and stylistically smooth."
‑ Ann Hornaday, Washington Post
"Ms. Yu, who has directed scripted television episodes as well as documentaries, wraps a lot of bad news into a slick, informative, fast-moving package."
‑ A.O. Scott, New York Times
"One of the scariest Outrage Docs."
‑ Kelly Vance, East Bay Express
"The film is passionate and insightful about its topic, and not just intended as some sort of cheap scare tactic."
‑ Todd Jorgenson, Cinemalogue.com
"Startling statistics and memorable personalities that leave a distressing impression--if not complete understanding--of the decline of the world's water supply."
‑ Annlee Ellingson, Moving Pictures Magazine