Life as We Know It
Life as We Know It
Two people who can't stand each other are forced to care for the same child in this domestic comedy drama starring Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. Holly (Heigl) is a caterer whose career is just getting off the ground; Eric (Duhamel) directs sports for a major network. Their first date was a nightmare, and now they're about to become a family. When their goddaughter Sophie's parents both perish in a tragic accident, Holly and Eric are informed that they were singled out as Sophie's caretakers in the event of an unforeseen disaster. Now, in order to raise Sophie right, this… More

"We keep seeing Heigl's potential as a fine comic actress and, the curse of optimism, continue to be disappointed when she betrays her best instincts."
‑ Richard Corliss, TIME Magazine
"It aims for comfort food, but ends up with leftovers."
‑ Adam Graham, Detroit News
"How much you like Life As We Know It greatly depends on your tolerance of Katherine Heigl."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"while there is some chemistry between [the leads], it's wasted as the shambolic plot gives them nowhere to go."
‑ James Luxford, The National
"If you have a taste for poop and projectile-vomit jokes, you'll find some chuckles ... but don't go out of your way to hire a babysitter."
‑ Jason Best, Movie Talk
"The title becomes a depressingly self-fulfilling prophecy: This is movie life as we have all come to know it."
‑ Sean Means, Film.com
"Yes, there are some twists, a nice comedic turn or two, but the inevitable hook-up of dueling opposites is never anything but inevitable."
‑ Lisa Kennedy, Denver Post
"Josh Duhamel props up Heigl and makes this wildly uneven comedy her best rom-com since "Knocked Up.""
‑ Roger Moore, Movie Nation
"Life As We Know It is Studio Filmmaking As We Fear It."
‑ Drew McWeeny, HitFix
"The core idea of the film is as off-putting as the way in which the premise is depicted."
‑ Mark Pfeiffer, Reel Times: Reflections on Cinema
"Watching Duhamel and Heigl discover the joys and pains of parenthood is cute as far as it goes, but their story can't progress too far until the kid is out of diapers."
‑ Amy Biancolli, Houston Chronicle
"As disposable as one of those diapers."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"Sure, we know where the story is headed but a few funny scenes and the chemistry between the two leads make this a solid date movie."
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"A half-decent, half-trite, mostly mediocre bowl of mushy strained baby food."
‑ Dave White, Movies.com
"It does nothing new, offers nothing new, attempts nothing new, a formula picture from beginning to end."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis