LOL
The constant need to be plugged in and connected threatens to crash the real-life operating system of three technologically obsessed twentysomethings in director Joe Swanberg's humorous meditation on the relationship between man and machine in modern society. Tim does computer work for a living, but he also lives for his computer. Unfortunately his inability to snap the lid closed on his laptop is rapidly alienating his girlfriend Ada, who recognizes Tim's apparent inability to communicate with other people without the buffer of technology. Meanwhile, as struggling musician Alex… More

"Joe Swanberg -- who directed, edited, lensed, co-wrote and played one of the lovelorn characters -- has done wonders with a nothing budget and a personable cast of nonprofessional actors."
‑ V.A. Musetto, New York Post
"A somewhat diverting tragicomic low-budget (supposedly made for $3,000) indie."
"Scruffy, loosely structured and piercingly perceptive about the ways in which technology that supposedly brings people together actually keeps them apart."
‑ Maitland McDonagh, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Swanberg continues to grow as a filmmaker and I can't wait to see what he comes up with next."
‑ Don R. Lewis, Film Threat
"The inability to connect in a hyper-wired world is old news given fresh voice in this tragicomic indie about the way we live."
‑ Nathan Lee, New York Times
"[The film] captures relatable 21st-century truths in small, excruciating moments."
‑ Nick Schager, Lessons of Darkness
"The film has the quality of something tended to by many affectionate hands, a houseplant that blooms slightly more than it sags."
‑ Ed Gonzalez, Slant Magazine
"The movie is unusually attentive to the ironies of communications technology: Note the subtle but definite awkwardness that creeps into the conversation after a prospective girlfriend casually tells Alex that she only checks her e-mail once a week."
‑ Joshua Land, Village Voice
"If Kissing On The Mouth wanted to remind us that sex is something that happens in the real world, LOL wants to show us how and why it doesn't."
‑ Karina Longworth, Cinematical
"LOL makes a pretty solid case that, despite our being able to reach anybody at any time, most of us still lack the ability to really 'reach' anyone at all."
‑ Scott Weinberg, eFilmCritic.com