Meet the Deedles
Hawaiian surfer dudes Stew (Steve Van Wormer) and Phil Deedle (Paul Walker), fraternal twins, are about to be expelled from school, so their wealthy and concerned father (Eric Braeden) offers summer camp in Wyoming as a solution. Arriving in Jackson Hole with their wet suits, the Deedle twins are like fish out of water, and a series of accidents put them in a hospital. Mistaken for new recruits by Yellowstone Park ranger Capt. Pine (Douglas Ashton), the duo go along with the error after meeting their training officer, the attractive Lt. Jesse Ryan (A.J. Langer), but they are unprepared to… More

"If all of this sounds ridiculous, it is."
‑ Lael Loewenstein, Variety
"Dumb is one thing, but this sorry attempt at action-comedy from stuntman turned director Steve Boyum is in an intelligence-deprived class all its own."
‑ Ken Fox, TV Guide's Movie Guide
"Hello, Deedles. Terrible to meet you."
‑ Scott Weinberg, eFilmCritic.com
"Steve Van Wormer and Paul Walker, as Stew and Phil, give lifeless performances. The only actor in the movie with any demonstrable talent is a cute little prairie dog named Petey."
‑ Steve Rhodes, Internet Reviews
"If Disney execs are interested in salvaging what remains of the studio's reputation -- and its dignity -- they might stop for just one moment to think about what Uncle Walt might say."
‑ Scott Renshaw, rec.arts.movies.reviews
"I am prepared to imagine a theater full of 11-year-old boys who might enjoy this movie, but I can't recommend it for anyone who might have climbed a little higher on the evolutionary ladder."
"Could've spared me the introduction"
‑ Clint Morris, Moviehole
"Will adults enjoy this film? Some might be amused by the crazy situations and verbal and visual outrageousness--though they probably won't admit it."
‑ Dwayne E. Leslie, Boxoffice Magazine
"Exercise your consumer power. Don't rent this trash."
‑ Dan Jardine, Apollo Guide
"This movie is awful... but it was never even remotely close to being funny. Or good. Or even indifferent."
‑ Oz, eFilmCritic.com
"Pure Disney in the goofy early-60's sense."
‑ Anita Gates, New York Times
"As I have said in the past, I have barely been able to contain my excitement in the recent avalanche of quality Disney fare. Not."
‑ John R. McEwen, Film Quips Online
"The film is peppered with political jokes, bikini-clad babes, and fart gags, as if it couldn't decide what audience it's aiming at."
‑ Tom Meek, Boston Phoenix
"You'll have much better luck finding a good spot to surf in Wyoming than finding entertainment in Meet the Deedles."
‑ Madeleine Williams, Cinematter
"One of the worst movies that has ever been conceived. I loathed and despised absolutely every pathetic second of it."
‑ David Keyes, Cinemaphile.org