Mini
A dejected futon salesman competes with a cocky co-worker to win a mini-marathon and score a coveted assistant manager position in the store where they both work. Fran Molon specializes in futons, but everyone in his small town has their mind set on mattresses. With a mini-marathon fast approaching, Fran's colleague suggests that they compete to see who can get the fastest time, and allow the winner to become the new assistant manager. Before long, Fran is training around the clock. Does he possess the drive and endurance to cross the finish line first, or is he forever doomed to be the… More

Buy SD $7.95 Rent SD $2.99
- -

"Overlooking low production values and shaky performances from unknown actors is one thing, but when you put together a comedy that isn't particularly funny, then we have a big problem."
‑ Adam Tobias, Watertown Daily Times
"This is a movie that is out to forge comedy out of character and creative situations, a feat few in today's shock jock realm fully understand."
‑ Bill Gibron, PopMatters
"The film takes some patience, but the comic style does eventually kick in."
‑ Mark R. Leeper, rec.arts.movies.reviews
"Goes a long way on performances alone, which are among the most spot-on archetypal comedic renderings I've seen in years."
‑ Rob Humanick, Projection Booth
"The Mini has some stylistic grace, and obviously is a work of heart and soul. But Beck left his wit out of it -- and that's the rub."
‑ Tony Macklin, tonymacklin.net
"Filled with colorful small-town characters who definitely grow on you as the movie progresses, 'The Mini' reminds me of 'Napoleon Dynamite,' another indie gem."
‑ Betty Jo Tucker, ReelTalk Movie Reviews
"This micro-indie has a full-sized heart and enough humor to make its scale immaterial"
‑ Christian Toto, What Would Toto Watch?
"Despite its flaws, there's something likeable about The Mini. . . . If I were to run afoul of the law and the judge ordered me to watch the same movie for a year, I'd choose The Mini over Clerks."
‑ James Plath, Movie Metropolis