Miss Minoes
This utterly charming classic family film tells the tale of Miss Minoes, a cat who is transformed into a young woman (Carice van Houten) and befriends Tibbe (Theo Maassen), a shy bumbling cub reporter for the local newspaper. Miss Minoes, still recognized as a cat by the neighborhood felines despite her new appearance, organizes them into a news-gathering service and helps Tibbe become a star reporter. He soon turns investigative and discovers that the popular chairman of the "Club For Friends of Animals" and boss of a nearby factory has evil plans... -- (C) Music Box

"Vincent Bal's film should appeal to kids, cat lovers and felines. I give it two stars, and my cat, Audrey, gives it three meows."
‑ V.A. Musetto, New York Post
"[Conveys], with a light touch, important lessons for kids on the necessity of civic engagement, the perils of edit-ad conflicts, and the need to honor difference..."
‑ Melissa Anderson, Village Voice
"Charming, harmless, refreshingly bizarre and unabashedly silly, but kids will be much more entertained than adults."
‑ Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru
"Yes, the film is silly and light as a feather, but who doesn't love gossiping cats?"
‑ Neil Genzlinger, New York Times
"Clever cat tale has a bit of animal peril; for older kids."
‑ Tracy Moore, Common Sense Media
"After 30 long minutes, I stopped trying to make allowances for its varying ineptitudes, and Carice van Houten's work as the spunky human cat was the only reason I held out that long."
‑ Chuck Bowen, Slant Magazine
""Miss Minoes" is a film I suspect would be adored by young girls who love cats. I am not that young woman."
"Winner of a dozen awards in eight countries, this 2001 Dutch children's comedy-adventure will delight kids and parents alike."
‑ Doris Toumarkine, Film Journal International
"MISS MINOES is a simple, innocent story seated in Dutch village life, a charming holiday choice for family viewing."
‑ Mark R. Leeper, Mark Leeper's Reviews