Mooz-lum
Demand it! now to have it play at your local AMC theater: http://eventful.com/moozlum We're making a movie that we hope will offer a different perspective on Muslims/Islam than what is normally portrayed. As a result, opening the minds & hearts of millions. With your help we will create a grass roots marketing campaign that will ensure the success of this film before it's release. This page is yours as much as it is ours. We want all of our supporters to get involved and make this a vibrant, interactive and fun journey to the finish line... And when the movie does come out, it will be… More

"While its situations are more complex and less ham-fisted than those in many inspirational stories of reaffirmed faith, Mooz-lum...suffers from one-note characterizations."
‑ Andy Webster, New York Times
"There's an undeniable potency to the blunt-instrument melodrama of Mooz-lum."
‑ Joe Leydon, Variety
"The film is worth seeing simply because of the phenomenal acting by the ensemble and a plot that will generate debate and interest once audience members leave the theater."
‑ Wilson Morales, AOL Black Voices
"Sensitive performances smooth out the dramatic rough spots of this well-intentioned, racially-charged drama."
‑ Michael Rechtshaffen, Hollywood Reporter
"Solemn, unsubtle, and terminally self-conscious."
‑ Michelle Orange, Village Voice
"I suspect the Muslim narratives of 9/11 will soon grow into its own genre, and this film is a very good start."
‑ Omer Mozaffar, RogerEbert.com
"A potent feature debut for writer-director Qasim Basir, "Mooz-lum" attacks Islamist extremism while offering audiences a rare and illuminating depiction of life as a Muslim in America."
‑ Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times
"Poignant, relevant, and often quite moving in its characterizations."
‑ Frank Wilkins, Frank's Reel Reviews
"A poignant, cinematic memoir of growing up Muslim in America from the perspective of an anguished soul who just wanted to enjoy a normal childhood."
‑ Kam Williams, TheLoop21.com