My Baby's Daddy
My Baby's Daddy
Three lazy pals find they're facing fatherhood simultaneously in this light-hearted comedy co-written by star Eddie Griffin. Lonnie (Griffin), G. (Anthony Anderson), and Dominick (Michael Imperioli) live stress-free lives with Lonnie's trash-talking Uncle Virgil (John Amos). But when all three young men's girlfriends get knocked up at the same time, they're forced to take a long, hard look at their lifestyles. For G., who works at the family grocery store of his girlfriend Xi Xi (Bai Ling), that means saying no to criminal temptation and staying on the straight and narrow; for… More

Subscription
Stream Now

"Director Cheryl Dunye (The Watermelon Woman, Stranger Inside) has been fighting the good fight for years as an independent filmmaker, so I guess she's entitled to take the money and run."
‑ J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader
"A father wincing at the sight of his baby's green poop is the highlight of this laugh-free comedy."
‑ Chuck Wilson, L.A. Weekly
"Three Men and a Bomb!"
‑ Clint Morris, Brag Magazine
"It's offensive, unfunny, badly acted, badly written, badly directed, and remarkably, outstandingly, disturbingly stupid."
‑ David Cornelius, eFilmCritic.com
"Here's a little stinker with smelly diapers."
‑ Linda Cook, Quad City Times (Davenport, IA)
"There are some jokes here, and any of these situations could have been funny as skits. Taken together, they're incoherent."
‑ Christy Lemire, Associated Press
"Births a big litter of bad jokes for every chuckle it manages to squeeze out."
‑ Scott Brown, Entertainment Weekly
"The movie is overwhelmed by an odd mix of formula, stereotypes, and inconsistency."
‑ Cynthia Fuchs, PopMatters
"There's not a joke in the picture that isn't older than my cat."
‑ Sean Burns, Philadelphia Weekly
"Okay, it's a light comedy, I'll go along with the premise. But what stretches all credibility is that Miramax didn't send this dirty diaper of a daddy movie straight to its room at Blockbuster."
‑ Mark Bazer, Boston Phoenix
"The antic, energetic performances are game, but they're overwhelmed by erratic pacing and disorganized writing."
‑ Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail
"A tired send-up of hip-hop-isms that also aspires to be a Waiting to Exhale for men."
‑ David Ng, Village Voice
"[R]elative to My Baby's Daddy, the actors' recent projects, among them Kangaroo Jack and Double Take, look like comedy gold."
‑ Luke Y. Thompson, New Times
"In all its harrowing witlessness, it ironically proves the healing power of laughter."
‑ Jonathan R. Perry, Tyler Morning Telegraph (Texas)
"This tedious, toddling material would have scuttled Dr. Spock."
‑ Harry Haun, Film Journal International