My Bloody Valentine 3-D
A psychopathic miner terrorizes the town of Harmony in this retelling of one of the most underrated slasher films of the early '80s with My Bloody Valentine 3-D. 10-years ago, the lone survivor of an accident deep in the mines awoke from a coma and slashed his way through the town in a bloody, vengeance-fueled rampage. Though shot and apparently killed, the memories of Harry Warden still haunt both the town and Tom Hanniger (Jensen Ackles), the heir to the mine and one of the last people to see Harry before his disappearance. Just as Tom heads back to his hometown after a long time away,… More

"This briskly paced remake of the 1981 slasher goes easy on the cheesy 3-D effects while delivering lots of seriously nasty gore."
‑ Maitland McDonagh, Time Out New York
"The plot staggers from absurd to ridiculous, and the dialogue is strictly of the 'Look we don't have to go down there' variety."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"As a slasher fanatic, this more than satisfied my appetite."
"I'm absolutely convinced that the pickaxe is the ideal weapon for a 3-D horror."
‑ Mike Edwards, What Culture
"...a consistently underwhelming horror endeavor that seems to exist for no reason other than to serve the current 3D fad..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"What really leaps out at you about My Bloody Valentine 3-D is its lack of imagination."
‑ Clark Collis, Entertainment Weekly
"A strange synergy of old and new, My Bloody Valentine 3D blends cutting-edge technology and old-school prosthetics to produce something both familiar and alien: gore you can believe in."
‑ Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"Great use of the 3-D format in a better than average horror film."
‑ Jeffrey Lyles, Lyles' Movie Files
"The outrageous amounts of blood 'n' guts directed toward the audience in three-dimensional spatters still make this substandard flick a gorehound's wet dream."
‑ Steve Newton, Georgia Straight
"If a movie like My Bloody Valentine plays like a dime-store slasher picture, then adding 3D to the proceedings will only make it look like a 3D dime-store slasher picture."
‑ Scott Mendelson, Film Threat
"The trouble is that after that first gouged eyeball, there's not a whole lot further to go. Novelty value being a rapidly diminishing thing, the technology demands an escalation in intensity and inventiveness that the movie doesn't deliver."
‑ Jason Anderson, Toronto Star
"In some ways, the filmmakers have created something too authentic in spirit to the original film, as it also fairly quickly becomes a plodding chore to watch."
‑ Mark Olsen, Los Angeles Times
"My Bloody Valentine 3D is as cheap, tacky and throwaway as the plastic glasses that come with it, but for a good old-fashioned Friday night at the movies, it's damn near unbeatable."
‑ Ali Gray, TheShiznit.co.uk
"It's low-brow entertainment with high-tech execution, and while it's anything but scary, it IS cheesy, corny, gimmicky, gory fun."
‑ William Goss, Cinematical
"Yes, it's stupid, ridiculously gory and you might lose brain cells with each passing second -- but you might have some fun watching!"
‑ Clay Cane, BET.com