My Boss's Daughter
My Boss's Daughter
Anarchic comedy veteran David Zucker directs hot young thing of 2003 Ashton Kutcher in the fast-paced romantic comedy My Boss's Daughter. Kutcher plays rookie executive Tom Stansfield, who wants to impress his demanding boss, Jack Taylor (Terence Stamp), and win the heart of said boss' conventionally attractive daughter Lisa (Tara Reid). In order to achieve these ends, he agrees to housesit at their palatial mansion for one night. Chaos ensues throughout the evening as rowdy houseguests show up with various means of disruption. Molly Shannon plays Jack's former employee Audrey and… More

"The only real physical comedy in My Boss's Daughter comes from Zucker, Dorfman, and Kutcher stumbling over each other, but it's unlikely anyone will laugh."
‑ Scott Tobias, AV Club
"The spectacularly unfunny supporting cast -- including Dave Foley, Jeffrey Tambor and David Koechner -- doesn't help either. But luckily Kutcher is there to try to clean up the mess."
‑ Ben Nuckols, Associated Press
"The real disaster is the slapstick-ridden script, which a great supporting cast is powerless to salvage."
‑ M. K. Terrell, Christian Science Monitor
"Kutcher comedy is crude, offensive, and all-around bad."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"I don't rate this at the bottom of the barrel because the film does have a few funny moments. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with the slightest inclination to good taste."
‑ Tony Medley, tonymedley.com
"Comedy's cardinal rule is never make it look hard, but that wisdom is ignored in My Boss's Daughter."
‑ Robert Koehler, Variety
"In director David Zucker and writer David Dorfman's desperation for ideas, nearly all the 'jokes' come at the expense of Jews, the disabled and victims of spousal abuse."
‑ Scott Foundas, L.A. Weekly
"A pretty good cast and a pretty good director are pretty much wasted in My Boss's Daughter."
‑ John Wooley, Tulsa World
"The direction of David Zucker is as uninspired and numbing as the script."
‑ Mark Halverson, Sacramento News & Review
"...not as bad as you might think..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"I believe in a movie's right to die."
‑ J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader
"Zucker ... directs this mess like a substitute teacher soldiering through a day's work for a day's pay at a decertified school."
‑ Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly
"My Boss's Daughter is a stinker from start to endless finish."
‑ Erin Podolsky, Metro Times (Detroit, MI)
"Few films are as consistently pathetic."
‑ Nick Schager, Lessons of Darkness
"This cute and often surprising comedy is a brazen bid to clone Meet The Parents and it succeeds beyond this reviewer's worst fears."
‑ Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile