My Boss's Daughter
My Boss's Daughter
Anarchic comedy veteran David Zucker directs hot young thing of 2003 Ashton Kutcher in the fast-paced romantic comedy My Boss's Daughter. Kutcher plays rookie executive Tom Stansfield, who wants to impress his demanding boss, Jack Taylor (Terence Stamp), and win the heart of said boss' conventionally attractive daughter Lisa (Tara Reid). In order to achieve these ends, he agrees to housesit at their palatial mansion for one night. Chaos ensues throughout the evening as rowdy houseguests show up with various means of disruption. Molly Shannon plays Jack's former employee Audrey and… More

"I believe in a movie's right to die."
‑ J. R. Jones, Chicago Reader
"Zucker ... directs this mess like a substitute teacher soldiering through a day's work for a day's pay at a decertified school."
‑ Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly
"Kutcher comedy is crude, offensive, and all-around bad."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"...not as bad as you might think..."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"Some of the worst acting in a movie in 2003."
‑ Phil Villarreal, Arizona Daily Star
"The spectacularly unfunny supporting cast -- including Dave Foley, Jeffrey Tambor and David Koechner -- doesn't help either. But luckily Kutcher is there to try to clean up the mess."
‑ Christy Lemire, Associated Press
"Zucker orchestrates the gags with great relish, lunging for the funny bone with sweetly idiotic characters, relentless slapstick, and topping sight gags."
‑ Ed Park, Village Voice
"Few films are as consistently pathetic."
‑ Nick Schager, Lessons of Darkness
"This cute and often surprising comedy is a brazen bid to clone Meet The Parents and it succeeds beyond this reviewer's worst fears."
‑ Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile
"The simple premise pushes credibility beyond breaking point as ridiculous situations increase in number and size."
‑ Garth Franklin, Dark Horizons
"In director David Zucker and writer David Dorfman's desperation for ideas, nearly all the 'jokes' come at the expense of Jews, the disabled and victims of spousal abuse."
‑ Scott Foundas, L.A. Weekly
"A pink slip is in order for all concerned."
‑ Susan Walker, Toronto Star
"I don't rate this at the bottom of the barrel because the film does have a few funny moments. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with the slightest inclination to good taste."
‑ Tony Medley, tonymedley.com
"Kutcher and Reid not only don't light up the screen, they put out the candles."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"It should have been called "My Boss's House" because there was very little focus on the boss's hot daughter."
‑ Dan Marcucci and Nancy Serougi, Broomfield Enterprise