My Darling Clementine
One of the greatest movie Westerns, John Ford's My Darling Clementine is hardly the most accurate film version of the Wyatt Earp legend, but it is still one of the most entertaining. Henry Fonda stars as former lawman Wyatt Earp, who, after cleaning up Dodge City, arrives in the outskirts of Tombstone with his brothers Morgan (Ward Bond), Virgil (Tim Holt), and James (Don Garner), planning to sell their cattle and settle down as gentlemen farmers. Yet Wyatt, disgusted by crime and cattle rustling, eventually agrees to take the marshalling job until he can gather enough evidence to bring to… More

"If ever there was a gateway drug to the happy addiction of Hollywood oaters, this is it."
‑ Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York
"Launched the series of masterpieces in the late '40s and 1950s that forever after defined [Ford] as the greatest director of Westerns in history,"
‑ Tim Brayton, Antagony & Ecstasy
"The first couple of times we saw My Darling Clementine on the late show we watched the beginning, fell asleep in the middle, woke up at the end, and thought we had sat through one of the best films we had ever seen. Then we finally forced ourselves to sta"
‑ Douglas Pratt, DVDLaser
"May be John Ford's most achingly beautiful Western."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"I haven't seen a better docudrama about Wyatt Earp, but on the other hand, the venerated lawman has yet to be the subject of a masterpiece"
‑ Bill Chambers, Film Freak Central
"My Darling Clementine must be one of the sweetest and most good-hearted of all Westerns."
"John Ford's last film as a contract director for Fox is a perfect western."
‑ Cole Smithey, ColeSmithey.com
"Vintage John Ford."
‑ Dan Lybarger, Nitrate Online
"Wonderful, moving John Ford true classic western"
‑ Steve Crum, Kansas City Kansan
"The best Western Ford ever made without John Wayne on board."
‑ Matt Brunson, Creative Loafing
"The film subtly complicates viewer expectations early on, eschewing clear-cut character rivalries in favor of more complex emotional and social configurations."
‑ Matthew Connolly, Slant Magazine
"The quintessential Wyatt Earp movie and one of the greatest westerns ever filmed."
"That the title mentions neither Earp nor the O.K. Corral is an indication of the lightness with which Clementine carries the legendary baggage of its subject matter."
‑ Steven D. Greydanus, Decent Films Guide
"Gorgeous!"
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall
"One of the great American films: a romance about the tug between savagery and civilization that continues to define this country."
‑ John Beifuss, Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)