My Date with Drew
For years, Brian Herzlinger has had a crush on a pretty girl. There's nothing so strange about that, or even that the girl in question is the famous actress Drew Barrymore. What is unusual is that Herzlinger decided to do something about it. Herzlinger was flat broke and out of work when he won 1,100 dollars on a game show, and decided it was time to make his dream come true -- and make a movie about it at the same time. Herzlinger and a friend bought a high-end video camera at an electronics store with a 30-day, "no questions asked" return policy, and with his 1,100-dollar… More

"Brian wants to meet Drew. By the end of his movie, we want to meet him."
‑ Roger Moore, Orlando Sentinel
"It's like reality TV, only twice as irritating."
‑ Connie Ogle, Miami Herald
"It's as phony, stupid, lame, and pathetic as any reality show on television."
"essentially a well-assembled home movie"
‑ Jesse Hassenger, Filmcritic.com
"Although charming at times, My Date With Drew comes across as more than a little bit creepy given the present context of celebrity stalkers - not to mention the sight of a middle-aged man fawning over the portrait of a young child."
‑ Ryan Cracknell, Movie Views
"Herzlinger comes across as kind of a nebbishy Everyman, except funnier, luckier, and in possession of the most tolerant, supportive friends on the planet."
‑ Tasha Robinson, AV Club
"In this TV reality show masquerading as a movie documentary, Brian Herzlinger is a creepy voyeur, a run-of-the-mill loser who obsesses about living the celebrity high life but lacks the talent to pull it off."
‑ Sheela Raman, Boston Globe
"A reality movie which turns entirely on the likeability of a nerd in heat."
‑ Kam Williams, Upstage Magazine
"Any film that can make you cringe at its honesty, laugh at its insanity and yet follow along hook line and sinker is something special."
‑ , Film Threat
"The film's apparent nave charm started working on me until I was hooked by its schleppy hero-filmmaker and its screwy -- borderline stalker -- premise."
‑ Ken Hanke, Mountain Xpress (Asheville, NC)
"This film, like the actress who inspired it, has an appealing sweetness that sneaks up on its viewer."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"If this unemployed gofer can land a date with a superstar, maybe there's hope for all of us."
‑ Jeff Strickler, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"Definitely one of those "stand up and cheer for the little guy" type of films, which probably has old Frank Capra grinning wherever the hell he is."
‑ David Noh, Film Journal International
"...inspiring and uplifting."
‑ David Nusair, Reel Film Reviews
"The result is amusing, although it offers little insight into concepts of fame or fandom."
‑ Jack Garner, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle