My Favorite Martian

"Dire."
‑ Derek Adams, Time Out
"A terrible movie -- beware."
‑ Nell Minow, Common Sense Media
"Only the total collapse of Hollywood can save us from a reprise of My Mother the Car."
‑ Kim Newman, Sight and Sound
"a light-hearted silly movie aimed at showing kids a good time. Disney makes no serious attempts to keep this film reasonable from an adult perspective."
‑ Ross Anthony, Hollywood Report Card
"It's not a pretty sight."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"Walston displays a crisp wit and blithe sense of whimsy otherwise lacking in this loser."
‑ Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times
"There isn't enough nostalgia for the old series to recommend for any beyond the most juvenile mind-set."
‑ Robin Clifford, Reeling Reviews
"Doesn't even have the little spark of life that actors with a certain measure of lunacy and chemistry can deliver."
‑ David Luty, Film Journal International
"My Favorite Martian represents the very worst in mainstream American cinema."
‑ Urban Cinefile Critics, Urban Cinefile
"It is a movie that contains laughs, but they are more of the embarrassing type than ones created by humorous situations."
‑ Bob Bloom, rec.arts.movies.reviews
"Travel from Mars to Earth is an amazing feat, but not much more remarkable than reviving a sitcom that had been dead for a third of a century."
‑ Lawrence Van Gelder, New York Times
"An utterly pointless and unimaginative remake based on the classic '60s sitcom...a meteoric misfire"
‑ Frank Ochieng, TheWorldJournal.com
"A clever and well-written screenplay is what saved this thing from being just like any other failure in the remake experiment."
‑ Widgett Walls, Needcoffee.com
"It's cheesy, creepy, and sleazy."
‑ Susan Granger, rec.arts.movies.reviews
"This is filmmaking not for children, but for idiots of all ages."
‑ Scott Renshaw, rec.arts.movies.reviews