My Life As Abraham Lincoln
My Life As Abraham Lincoln
In this dark, surreal comedy, Cindy Rossberg (Caroline Luft) has apparently killed her fiancÚ (Trevor Nelson) on her wedding day. Her psychiatrist encourages her to move forward with her life. However, as she attempts to do so, she finds reality too difficult to contend with as she is bound to the events of the past. As she tries to sort things out for herself, Cindy spirals into a wacky world of bizarre situations that become increasingly influenced by a murder mystery she is writing. In the end, Cindy discovers that she must act as her own emancipator in order to free herself from the role… More

"The accessible and appealing Ms. Luft is a strong anchor. And Ms. Berman can be funny (especially with a black-and-white Ingmar Bergman send-up). It's intriguing to imagine what she could do with a tighter, more linear script."
‑ Andy Webster, New York Times
"Caught somewhere between an overwrought and interminable student film and an affectionately incompetent Ed Wood production. After two viewings, I don't know entirely how to feel about the experience, and that, to me, says it's an essential one."
‑ Rob Humanick, Projection Booth
"Quirky, disarming movie about a woman looking for answers to her troubled life has much to recommend."
‑ Eric Monder, Film Journal International