My Little Eye
Picking up where the multitudes of late '90s/early 2000s reality-based television shows left off is the unexpectedly shocking horror film My Little Eye, from director Marc Evans. Five twentysomethings are assembled to live together for a period of six months in a house specially outfitted with a bevy of webcams in order to collect a one million prize. The one major caveat being if anyone abandons the house prior to the end of the six-month period, no one will win anything. After introducing the different characters -- intelligent Danny (Stephen O'Reilly), slacker Rex (Kris Lemche),… More

"A nasty piece of work, but we probably deserve it."
‑ Derek Adams, Time Out
"My Little Eye is simple little story and a sharp exercise in style that could have done with a stronger script. But it's nonetheless effective."
‑ Alexa Moses, Sydney Morning Herald
"... an unimaginative, nasty, glibly cynical piece of work."
‑ Sean Axmaker, Seattle Post-Intelligencer
"Marries the amateurishness of The Blair Witch Project with the illogic of Series 7: The Contenders to create a completely crass and forgettable movie."
‑ Shlomo Schwartzberg, Boxoffice Magazine
"A tightly and consistently imagined horror film about a Big Brother-style situation that spirals into nightmare."
‑ Peter Bradshaw, Guardian
"Witless and utterly pointless."
‑ Moira MacDonald, Seattle Times
"MY LITTLE EYE is the best little "horror" movie I've seen in years."
‑ D.K. Holm, Movie Poop Shoot
"Barely manages for but a few seconds over its seemingly eternal running time to pique your interest, your imagination, your empathy or anything, really, save your disgust and your indifference."
‑ Shawn Levy, Oregonian
"It's still far scarier than 99% of Hollywood's offerings; it's just a pity Evans had to resort to their clichés."
‑ Harry Guerin, RTE Interactive (Dublin, Ireland)
"An unholy mess, driven by the pathetic idea that if you shoot something on crummy-looking videotape, it must be labelled 'hip', 'innovative' and 'realistic'."
‑ Ian Waldron-Mantgani, UK Critic
"A spiffy, high concept horror movie about webcams, isolation, and spooky guys coming in from the cold."
‑ Jason Gorber, Film Scouts
"Not only does the movie fail to make us part of its reality, it fails the most basic relevancy test as well."
‑ David Keyes, Cinemaphile.org
"O ótimo esforço do diretor acaba sendo frustrado pelo roteiro, que, depois de levar um bom tempo para colocar a trama em andamento, perde-se de vez a partir do instante em que os estranhos acontecimentos são explicados."
‑ Pablo Villaca, Cinema em Cena
"There are just enough twists in the tale to make it far more satisfying than almost any horror film in recent memory."
‑ Rich Cline, Film Threat
"It's a lot of style over very little substance. But there are just enough twists in the tale to make it far more satisfying than almost any horror film in recent memory."
‑ Rich Cline, Shadows on the Wall