My Lucky Star
Directed by American helmer Dennie Gordon and produced by Ming Beaver Kwei, Second Chan, William Cheng, Ling Lucas and Zhang, the film is set for a limited release across the U.S. and Canada in major metro areas, including Boston, Chicago, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, and the Washington, D.C., area, with specific locations to be announced. (c) China Lion

"My Lucky Star is wholesome, effortless entertainment that runs smoothly enough but seldom takes one's breath away in the romance department."
‑ Maggie Lee, Variety
"While Zhang is one of China's greatest international stars, "My Lucky Star" is utterly provincial."
‑ Mark Jenkins, Washington Post
"(A) candy-floss concoction that is never particularly gripping but certainly delivers slick visuals and an engaging bunch of performances from a committed cast."
‑ Simon Foster, sbs.com.au
"Ziyi Zhang as heroine in 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World' rom-com? Yes."
‑ James Verniere, Boston Herald
"Zhang's character is so idiotically naive and her adventures so flairlessly executed that it's the thing to escape from."
‑ Dann Gire, Daily Herald (IL)
"After watching it, you may need a few moments to remember which decade this is, because the film has the tone and silliness of a "Pink Panther" movie or an episode of the 1960s sitcom "Get Smart.""
‑ Neil Genzlinger, New York Times
"The outrageous story is engaging, even if some of its hilarity is lost in subtitular translation. While the film does not lack production values and panache, Gordon's direction often seems thoughtless."
‑ Martin Tsai, Los Angeles Times
"Director Gordon keeps the story flowing smoothly and the photography, by cinematographer Armando Salas, is picture perfect."
‑ Michael A. Smith, MediaMikes
"If this dreck is what the Chinese market thinks we like, you have to wonder what kind of impression our movies make on them."
‑ Radheyan Simonpillai, NOW Toronto
"Appropriating American rom-com tropes with such gusto...My Lucky Star is a cutesy Chinese caper cooked up with nothing but old scraps."
‑ Nick Schager, The Dissolve
"It's hardly original, but as the plot bounces from Singapore to Hong Kong and the lavishly gaudy Venetian Resort in Macao, "My Lucky Star" plays out like a sparkling, brightly lit travelogue with Zhang as a bubbly tour guide."
‑ Jeff Shannon, Seattle Times
"The movie displays a fair amount of visual invention in its sight gags, stunt choreography, and bright color schemes."
‑ Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
"The result is the blandest of both worlds. My Lucky Star is neither a particularly thrilling spy movie nor a very original romance."
‑ Chris Knight, National Post
"In spite of its drawbacks, My Lucky Star is always fun to watch and better than, say, a Jennifer Aniston/Gerard Butler vehicle."
‑ Daniel Eagan, Film Journal International
"Yet another limp spy spoof that fails to make any interesting critiques about the genre, let alone construct a humorous gag."
‑ Nick Usen, Slant Magazine