My Name Is Bruce
When an ancient curse besets the small town of Gold Lick (population 339), the naīve young fans of B-movie icon Bruce Campbell kidnap their larger-than-life cinema idol in hopes that he will save the terrified residents from the vengeful Chinese God of War. As the rampaging demon sets out to collect as many heads as possible, the cowardly but egotistical actor has no other choice but to square off against a supernatural force so powerful it may just swallow every last soul in town.

"Add two stars-or even three-if you're as passionate about cheesy B-actor Campbell as he is about himself."
‑ Stephen Garrett, Time Out
"Cheerfully embracing his status as cult B-movie genre megastar even as he sends it up, Bruce Campbell's sophomore directorial excursion, My Name is Bruce, is a big in-joke of definite if limited appeal."
‑ Dennis Harvey, Variety
"Smug, silly, and forgettable, this vanity project wants to be the next cult hit but really is just another vehicle for Bruce Campbell..."
"I'm pretty sure this is his best effort in years."
‑ David Edwards, Daily Mirror [UK]
"Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead II, etc.) jumps on the post-modern bandwagon with this refreshingly low-key and absolutely hilarious horror comedy."
‑ Jeffrey M. Anderson, Combustible Celluloid
"Perhaps the best thing that can be said about My Name Is Bruce is that Bruce Campbell has in fact appeared in worse movies."
‑ Mark Olsen, Los Angeles Times
"Subtract Campbell from this movie's idiot-friendly equation and you've got just about any dimwitted horror comedy that's gone straight to video."
‑ Jeff Shannon, Seattle Times
""My Name is Bruce" won't give you sugar, baby. Not on its budget. But Splenda works fine as a substitute for this Kool-Aid, which Campbell knows fans will happily drink. A little bit of purposefully lousy filmmaking winds up going a long way."
‑ Nick Rogers, Suite101.com
"Pretty bad, but in a way, we'd be disappointed if it wasn't...it's all about Campbell, a limber linguist whose verbal sense seems straight out of the '40s, and a game physical comic. [Blu-ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"It's an affably goofy riff on the headaches associated with being America's most underappreciated actor."
‑ David Kronke, Los Angeles Daily News
"Light as air, My Name Is Bruce is good for a mild chuckle, not a belly laugh. As any Campbell fan knows, managing expectations is key to getting the most from his work."
‑ Reyhan Harmanci, San Francisco Chronicle
"My Name is Bruce is spasmodically funny, but Campbell's counterpoint of cowardice and cockiness remains irresistible."
‑ Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"It's far better than any of the horror remake crap coming out and it earns its laughs honestly by actually intending to be funny."
‑ Beth Accomando, KPBS.org
"Doesn't really cut it as a horror or a comedy despite Campbell's undeniable charm."
‑ Tom Ambrose, Empire Magazine
"It gets by on its concept for a little while but too often mistakes stupid-stupid for clever-stupid."
‑ Stan Hall, Oregonian