My Sucky Teen Romance
My Sucky Teen Romance
A girl discovers her dreamy new boyfriend wants more from the relationship than she expected -- namely blood -- in this teen-centric horror comedy. Cute but geeky Kate (Elaine Hurt) has a crush on Paul (Patrick Delgado), a good looking guy who works at the grocery where her family shops, and when she attends SpaceCon (an event for comic, sci-fi and fantasy fans) with her friends, she's pleased to see he's there as well. Kate is even happier when Paul wants some private time with her, but a kiss gives way to a bite on the neck, and Kate learns that Paul isn't pretending to be a… More

"Mocks and pays tribute to the genre director Emily Hagins loves..."
"Gently sending up both the awkwardness of adolescent love pangs and the silliness of geek get-togethers, Hagins' film is short, but also very sweet, making up for its obvious budgetary shortcomings with energy, enthusiasm and inventiveness."
‑ Anton Bitel, Little White Lies
"My Sucky Teen Romance is an independent comedy which shows inexperience on all fronts, but stands as a stepping stone that will undoubtably lead to bigger and better things for director Emily Hagins."
‑ Matt Donato, We Got This Covered
"An entirely accessible mini-budget comedy that coasts on by through sheer force of wit, energy, and "let's put on a show!" creativity."
‑ Scott Weinberg, FEARnet
"The movie didn't quite do it for me, but I'd like to see what Hagins could do with a better cast and budget."
‑ Phil Villarreal, OK! Magazine