Natural Born Killers
A frenetic, bloody look at mass murder and the mass media, director Oliver Stone's extremely controversial film divided critics and audiences with its mixture of over-the-top violence and bitter cultural satire. At the center of the film, written by Stone and Quentin Tarantino, among others, are Mickey (Woody Harrelson) and Mallory (Juliette Lewis), a young couple united by their desire for each other and their common love of violence. Together, they embark on a record-breaking, exceptionally gory killing spree that captivates the sensation-hungry tabloid media. Their fame is ensured by… More

"As a satirist, [Stone's] an elephant ballerina."
‑ Janet Maslin, New York Times
"Seeing this movie once is not enough. The first time is for the visceral experience, the second time is for the meaning."
"It plays like a mad dash across the cerebral mind-field in search of the right mood, and fails drastically at finding one."
‑ David Keyes, Cinemaphile.org
"Natural Born Killers finds Stone throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks."
‑ Matt Noller, Slant Magazine
"Stone has guts, I'll grant him that; but he needn't have spilled so much of it in our laps."
‑ John J. Puccio, Movie Metropolis
"This is one of my all time favorite movies, and it put Oliver Stone on my list of 'Best Directors Ever,' right along with Stanley [Kubrick]."
‑ Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
"The main problem with Killers...is that it degenerates into the very thing it criticizes."
‑ Hal Hinson, Washington Post
"At times with this movie the art overpowered the film."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures
"Electrifying, except when it's stupid."
‑ Rob Gonsalves, eFilmCritic.com
"An incoherent, experimental acid trip so unbearably pretentious that it gave me newfound respect for the Warren Commission. A real torture test."
‑ Chuck O'Leary, Fantastica Daily
"Stone...doesn't know the meaning of moderation or subtlety, and opts instead for something that is excessive and self-indulgent. It's as if he wants to shout out the statement: 'Look at what I can do! I'm an artist!'"
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"Welcome to Natural Born Killers, Stone's empty, manic meditation on society's glorification of violence and the ugly heroes it loves to hate."
‑ Desson Thomson, Washington Post
"Bloody, violent, sexually explicit. Mature teens+."
‑ David Gurney, Common Sense Media
"Profane, hallucinogenic, and wickedly satirical, Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers mainlined a message from hell (a.k.a. modern America, as seen by Stone) into mall theatres and multiplexes. [Blu-Ray]"
‑ Peter Canavese, Groucho Reviews
"One of the most audacious, timely, but also deeply problematic films, a feverish nightmare of American culture at its worst, which might explain the heated controversy and legal battles."
‑ Emanuel Levy, EmanuelLevy.Com