Oh My God

"At its best, Oh My God strikes a long-forgotten chord that seems to sing: All you need is love. (And Ringo Starr shows up to underscore the point.)"
‑ Joe Williams, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
"Peter Rodger does a fairly comprehensive job of traversing the globe in 98 minutes, posing the age-old question, "What is God?""
‑ Kevin Thomas, Los Angeles Times
"Oh My God is a documentary in the Michael Moore/essay mold, and by "Michael Moore/essay" I mean "annoying blowhard who will not shut up.""
‑ Chris Hewitt (St. Paul), St. Paul Pioneer Press
"One reaches the conclusion fairly early in Rodger's gorgeously photographed but obnoxiously quick-cut-edited film that the question "What is God?" has no satisfactory nor universally agreeable answers."
‑ Fr. Chris Carpenter, Movie Dearest
"A gorgeously filmed documentary that takes us to 23 countries and conveys the diverse paths to God in the world's major religions."
‑ Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat, Spirituality and Practice
"A mashup of slick tourist photos, a cacophony of contradictory sound bites yielding zero insight. Watching this disorganized essay on organized religion may actually make you stupider."
‑ Colin Covert, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"[A] picturesque but shallow inquiry into the meaning of God."
‑ Stephen Holden, New York Times
"There's nothing new unearthed in this film. The religious adherent won't have their mind changed, and the person who isn't sure what they believe won't find any help here, either."
‑ Alissa Wilkinson, Christianity Today
"Scattershot documentary about the meaning of God won't win any converts."
‑ Daniel Eagan, Film Journal International
"The one thing many people seem to agree on is that whatever they feel for God, they can't really explain it. How revealing."
‑ Matt Pais, Metromix.com
"Some of the talking heads say entertaining or thoughtful things and some of the locations are quite exotic. But does this justify 98 minutes of screen time?"
‑ Walter V. Addiego, San Francisco Chronicle
"Hearing snoring from behind me at a screening the other day, I looked around and noticed four people had dozed off during the prettily photographed, boring vanity project that is Oh My God?"
‑ Lou Lumenick, New York Post
"Provocative, captivating and profoundly illuminating. You'll be talking about it for weeks."
‑ Avi Offer, NYC Movie Guru
"While beautiful photography of the faraway lands Rodger visits and crisp editing keep the movie flowing at a fast pace, Oh My God remains a hit-and-miss collection of interviews that fail to create a single, compelling message."
‑ Steve Ramos, Boxoffice Magazine
"In Oh My God, those who disagree with the party line are summarily contradicted."
‑ Andrew Schenker, Slant Magazine