One for the Money
A proud, born-and-bred Jersey girl, Stephanie Plum's got plenty of attitude, even if she's been out of work for the last six months and just lost her car to a debt collector. Desperate for some fast cash, Stephanie turns to her last resort: convincing her sleazy cousin to give her a job at his bail bonding company...as a recovery agent. True, she doesn't even own a pair of handcuffs and her weapon of choice is pepper spray, but that doesn't stop Stephanie from taking on Vinny's biggest bail-jumper: former vice cop and murder suspect Joe Morelli - yup, the same sexy,… More

"An avalanche of grating big-hair-and-bad-accent New Joisey caricatures."
‑ Nick Schager, Time Out New York
"There have been notable exceptions, but Heigl tends to imbue her characters with an off-putting mix of insecurity and abrasiveness. This film is a prime example."
‑ Elizabeth Weitzman, New York Daily News
"One doesn't need to have any familiarity with the Stephanie Plum novel series to immediately hear and see what an ill fit Katherine Heigl is for the role."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"One For The Money is a paint-by-numbers chick-flick that'll make you laugh a few times but won't particularly enamour."
‑ Sam Bathe, Fan The Fire
"Ultimately, it's further proof that Katherine Heigl picks her projects by stapling all potential scripts to a wall and throwing a dart."
‑ Shaun Munro, What Culture
"An ungainly mix of flat-footed gumshoeing and strained attempts at hilarity, all delivered with an unconvincing Joizy vibe."
‑ Sheri Linden, Los Angeles Times
"I guess I can't call the movie sexist as it was largely produced, directed and written by women. So I'll settle for calling it dull, corny and amateurish instead."
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"Light and fluffy as a cupcake, Katherine Heigl's many talents are truly wasted in this story based on the first of eighteen best-selling Stephanie Plum novels."
‑ Simon Weaving, Screenwize
"Apart from the three girls behind me constantly shifting their legs so that it made my otherwise empty row feel as if I was in an earthquake, One For The Money is an utterly lifeless, joyless experience."
‑ Graham Young, Birmingham Post
"The film miscasts Heigl and doesn't do much good for Debbie Reynolds as Grandma, either."
‑ , This is London
"The movie has the by-the-numbers efficiency of a decent TV series, and about as much flavor."
‑ Mark Feeney, Boston Globe
"There is action of a sort -- a car blows up, shots are fired -- and what might pass for witty, sexy banter to someone who once overheard a conversation about an episode of Moonlighting."
‑ A.O. Scott, New York Times
"Didn't Jennifer Aniston already do a bounty hunter movie? Talk about sloppy seconds."
‑ Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service
"Heigl deserves better than this."
‑ Ed Whitfield, The Ooh Tray
"Director Julie Anne Robinson never finds a convincing tone and ruins everything with over-emphatic comedy reaction shots and a music track that keeps telling us how funny everything is (it isn't)."
‑ Christopher Tookey, Daily Mail [UK]