Only the Strong
In this off-beat actioner, a former officer in the Green Beret comes back to his old stomping grounds in Miami and, seeing that his high school is overrun by a vicious drug lord, decides to take some of the school's toughest students and turn them into crime-fighting units by teaching them the venerable Brazilian martial art, capoeira. ~ Sandra Brennan, Rovi

Subscription
Stream Now

"A movie that exists solely for its fight sequences and to show off its star's muscles and gymnastic grace."
‑ Stephen Holden, New York Times
"I expected it to be an obligatory late-summer, mindless, plotless action film. I was wrong. It's a late-summer, mindless, plotless action film with a message. I think I prefer this sorts of film when it doesn't try to preach."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"The film is clumsily assembled and edited, heavy on the slow-mo, and its simplistic story plays like The Kids From Fame armed with very sharp knives."
‑ Joe Brown, Washington Post
"I have a sinking feeling that the makers of this film feel it is in some way exemplary and even useful."
"If only the plot were a little less obvious, the confrontations a little less cliched."
‑ Richard Harrington, Washington Post
"There's not terribly much more going on in this movie than the physical movement itself."
‑ Marjorie Baumgarten, Austin Chronicle