Our Idiot Brother
Every family has one: the sibling who is always just a little bit behind the curve when it comes to getting his life together. For sisters Liz (Emily Mortimer), Miranda (Elizabeth Banks) and Natalie (Zooey Deschanel), that person is their perennially upbeat brother Ned (Paul Rudd), an erstwhile organic farmer whose willingness to rely on the honesty of mankind is a less-than-optimum strategy for a tidy, trouble-free existence. Ned may be utterly lacking in common sense, but he is their brother and so, after his girlfriend dumps him and boots him off the farm, his sisters once again come to his… More

"Rudd brings color and dimension to a borderline-simpleton schlub who could have easily become a one-note cliché."
‑ Alexis Loinaz, Chicago Tribune
"The cast members, beginning with Rudd, have an improvisatory ease, and the director, Jesse Peretz, working from a script by Evgenia Peretz and David Schisgall, doesn't indulge in the sort of nail-on-the-head comedy that currently reigns."
‑ Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
"... a film that largely earns its laughs honestly."
‑ Ian Buckwalter, DCist
"Our Idiot Brother is an enjoyable comedy thanks to its strong supporting cast and a terrific central performance from Paul Rudd."
‑ Benjo Colautti, We Got This Covered
""Our Idiot Brother" goes down in a good way, with an infectious positivity."
‑ Greg Maki, Star-Democrat (Easton, MD)
"Strange, then, how Our Idiot Brother wastes its lone asset -- there's not enough idiot, and far too many boring savants."
‑ Rick Groen, Globe and Mail
"Even the usually likable Rudd can't do much with the enigmatic Ned, who often behaves exactly in the idiotic manner he's accused of."
‑ Rene Rodriguez, Miami Herald
"This inane comedy lives down to its title."
‑ John Hanlon, Big Hollywood
"Rudd can play the innocent as well as the snarky cynic, and that serves him wonderfully here."
‑ Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service
"Another fish-out-of-water story, 'Our Idiot Brother' never really makes a huge impact. It contains a few laughs certainly, but it's not one of the outstanding entries in this year's adult comedy genre."
‑ Linda Cook, KWQC-TV (Iowa)
"It's rare that summer ends on as sweet a note as Our Idiot Brother."
‑ Tom Long, Detroit News
"Dude, where's the movie?"
‑ Stephen Whitty, Newark Star-Ledger
"Makes you want to go home and turn on your television."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"'Cute' is probably not the word one would expect to attach to a film with this title, but there is no more apropos term for its gentle comic charm."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com
"The sometimes mediocre and rote script never falls too far in quality because of the charm of the cast."
‑ Kevin Carr, 7M Pictures