Paranormal Activity 4

"We're still seeing things through handheld devices and built-in laptop cameras, even though nobody seems interested in looking at the footage the cameras were supposedly recording."
‑ Bilge Ebiri, New York Magazine/Vulture
"The mood is often playful, with teases and fake-outs that are sometimes humorous and usually right before shocks. Violence is rare, quick and devoid of lingering close-ups."
‑ Andy Webster, New York Times
"Paranormal Activity 4 is arguably the weakest entry in the series, but if one still gets their kicks out of these films then that probably won't mean all that much."
‑ Glenn Dunks, Trespass
"The dread that should be smothering is merely an intermittent itch."
‑ Margot Harrison, Seven Days
"A lack of originality does hold the film back, but with decent work behind the camera and a breakneck finale, Paranormal Activity 4 is still a solid watch if you've an evening spare, or horror film night coming up."
‑ Sam Bathe, Fan The Fire
"Even for a something about supernatural shenanigans, this ending is embarrassing."
‑ Wesley Morris, Boston Globe
"There are at least a half-dozen or so decent jolts to be enjoyed over the film's running time, but prepare for a long wait to actually get to them."
‑ Alonso Duralde, TheWrap
"Too bad it nearly falls apart in the end, undone by what must have been poor editing choices."
‑ Eric D. Snider, Twitch
"The fourth entry in the hugely successful film series just can't match the others in the nightmare-making department."
‑ Steve Newton, Georgia Straight
"It's a strong and creepy expansion of the mythos, but one that could have used a lot more work in the story department."
"They could have called this Paranormal Inactivity."
‑ James Berardinelli, ReelViews
"The mythology has deepened, largely to the negative, and the formula is as rigid as the fixins of a fast-food sandwich-tastes the same in every city. But the effects are eternally reliable."
‑ Scott Tobias, AV Club
"Instead of the mystery of the known, we spend half our time trying to figure out who in the hell we're supposed to be looking at."
‑ Will Leitch, Deadspin
"Paranormal Activity 4 is the worst of the series and one of the worst horror films ever made. It's bloated, drawn-out and has no idea how to provide a single scare."
‑ Jeremy Lebens, We Got This Covered
"The eerie inertia and starkness of the past films' imagery are mostly gone here, and that style is what had set this series apart for me."
‑ Rob Gonsalves, eFilmCritic.com